0.2

I woke up hearing the pilot announce that we were in Reston, Virginia.

"Thank you for flying with us today, I hope you choose to fly with us on your next vacation!"

I grabbed my duffel bag from the overhead compartment and made my way down the aisle.(with Jacob ;) jk)

When I finally escaped the flood of people, I saw my cousin Mark.

"Mark!" I yelled out.

He quickly looked up from his phone and smiled that sweet smile that I missed.

"Karla!" He yelled out while running towards me.

I soon felt him embrace me in a hug and remembered all of our memories from when we were kids.

"Mark, I missed you so much! How's life been?" I asked.

And even though I was sad from all the bad things that have happened recently, I couldn't wait to start a new life.

-One hour later-

We were finally home and I couldn't wait to just settle in and be surrounded by people I loved. Although Mark had to leave early for something, I had a blast hanging out with my cousins and other family.

After I had settled into my room, and laughed along with my new family. I decided to read. Since I'm always reading, you must think I'm a nerd or a book worm. But in all honesty, I'm not. I play sports like soccer,basketball, and lacrosse. I'm kind of like that one athletic/smart girl at every school because, well, back at my old school, we didn't have many smart athletes.

As I was reading my book, I heard glasses being broken and loud noises coming from downstairs. Being the anxious person I am, I quietly walked to the door and opened it. Creak, Creak. "Fuck" I thought, the door wouldn't stop creaking. That's when the noises stopped. I was so ready to go back and just hide in the closet hoping nothing would happen to me, but I kept moving forward.

-Authors note- Aye plot twist or nah? Once again I'm sorry for the short chapter it will get longer when Jacob is introduced so don't worry ;) And thx if you vote and continue to read this book!
Word count:340
(15 reads and 5 votes?)