Chapter 5: Out of My Comfort Zone

Michael's P.O.V.

"You're...what?" I ask, shocked.

"I'm moving to Germany," Monica repeats. "Apparently, this base is getting too small, so they're moving me to another base that they set up in Germany. Avalon is coming with and we're going to finish my TEP there, which will be about two months, and then I'll be able to come back home."

"Mo, that's great!" I exclaim with a big smile.

"Wait, you're not mad?" she asks, finally looking into my eyes.

"Why would I be mad?" I question.

Monica sighs. "I don't know. I wasn't sure how you were going to react and I just thought that you were going to be either mad or sad."

"Well I'm neither. Yeah, I'll be a little sad that you're not here, but now I'll know how you feel when I'm always gone on tour," I express. "And besides, we've made it work and we will continue to make it work."

She smiles and wraps her arms around me. I do the same and close my eyes in the hug, knowing we won't see each other for a while once she leaves. It's only two months, so it's not going to be forever, but I'll probably be on tour when she gets back. But we'll be with each other soon enough.

Suddenly, my phone rings and I release Monica to dig it out of my pocket. Ashton's name displays on the screen and I slide it open to answer.

"Dude, hurry up! John wants you here soon so he knows we're all ready to go!" he scolds, not even saying hello. And he's talking about John Feldmann, our producer and sometimes our manager.

"Calm down, Ashton. We don't play for at least four more hours," I say, recalling from this weekend that we didn't play until around 9:00.

"Did you forget?" Ashton sighs. "We don't have an opening act tonight! We're on at 7:30, which means you need to be here ASAP!"

"Okay, okay, geez. We'll be right there," I tell him and hang up. Oi, Ashton can be a bit of a pain when it comes to stuff like this.

"What's going on?" Monica asks while I slide my phone back in my pocket.

"We don't have an opening act tonight, so we're on earlier than usual, which means I need to get back before Ashton has a hissy fit," I relay. Taking her hand, I prepare to zap and my finger is about to snap when she interrupts me.

"What? You can't expect me to leave right now! I just got out of TEP and I'm hungry and I need to change and..."

"Alright, okay! We'll stop at your house first but you have to make it fast," I convey. She nods and I'm able to zap us to her house without another word.

We appear in her bedroom and since I told her to be quick, she immediately rips off her clothes and switches into something more concert appropriate. I'm honestly enjoying the show, but I leave her be and climb down the stairs to get her some food. Her parents aren't around and her mum didn't cook dinner, so I rummage through the kitchen to see what I can find, although there isn't much. I chuck a few snacks in a plastic bag and hope that's fine for now, since there's really nothing I can make in under a couple of minutes. Racing back upstairs, I peer in her room before entering and I'm speechless at what I see.

"Wow, you look...hot," I manage to get out, staring at Monica's outfit choice. She's wearing a pair of dark purple skinny jeans, a black shirt with some faded white lettering, and a black leather jacket, complete with those kind of heeled boots that come up to the knee. Never have I seen her wear something like this before, but hey, I'm definitely not complaining.