14: Date Night

Katniss POV
I'm now looking in the mirror. I'm wearing a plaid jacket and white crop top. I have jeans on since its nearly winter. Black ugg boots are on my feet as my hair is in oily tell natural waves. A beanie is placed on my head covering my ears. Peeta had said this date was casual. He better have not lied to me. This will be Peeta's and I's first official date. Crazy right?
I put my wallet and phone in my Jean pockets and go downstairs. A full two weeks have passed since Dad died and his funeral. Mom is better. She is nurse at the local hospital. She's not on of those nurses that only take your temperature. Mom actually suggests her opinions on the problem. The doctor will agree or disagree. Prim is getting her final exams in. Yes she went back to school. Prim wants to get a doctor's degree in college and in order to do that, she has to at least finish two years of high school. Already having freshman year done, she waited two years until Senior year to be with her friends. Graduation is just around the corner for her and Prim has prom just before that. This weekend I'm taking her shopping for dresses. Sunday, Peeta wants to take me to his grandma's and grandpa's farm.
Speaking of Peeta, the doorbell rings and I rush to answer it. Opening the door, Peeta stands there on the porch dandelions in hand. He hands them to me.
"For you my lovely lady." I giggle.
"Thank you my kind sir."
Peeta remarks as I place the flowers in a near by vase. "I'm not a sir."
"Yet." I tease and replies with a shut up.
Now we are walking along the beach and stop at a picnic blanket.
"Oh a picnic. In 55 degree weather."
Peeta slaps a hand on bus chest hoping to look offended. "I worked hard on this."
I kiss his check. "I'm sure you did bread boy."
"Ugh just sit so we can eat." He says chuckling a bit.
So we sit in peace eating a delicious meal. Strangers pass giving us a confused look. They are probably thinking why a couple, who are around twenty, are sitting at the beginning of October having a picnic on the beach. Than I gasp.
"Peeta! Your birthday is coming soon! We have to celebrate it!"
Peeta shrugs. "All I need for my birthday is you."
I say, "Nah uh. I am officially going to throw you a party Mr. Mellark. Whether you like it or not. Yes we are crazy! That's what makes us special."
Peeta laughs. "It sure does. Fine throw me a party."
I throw my hands in the air happily. We laugh and finish eating as the sunset goes down.
I point to the sunset orange color in the sky. "Look, it's your favorite color."
We are laying down on a blanket. I'm wrapped in my boyfriend's arms and a soft blanket is spread over us too.
Peeta states, "I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now. And live in it forever."
"High School Musical, Peeta. And I will let you freeze this moment. Right here." I sing.
He laughs and sings back, "Right now!"
Both of us laughing, we continue watching the sunset. Soon my eyes feel heavy and I fall asleep. I feel Peeta kiss my forehead before picking me up and walking me to his house that's closer. I'm soon placed in a warm bed, with Peeta beside me fighting the nightmares away.