Be My Healer

I sat on a bench in Rokoko city, the purple and blue tints washing over my tired face. It was getting a bit tough, fighting monsters on my own. Though I was never on my own.

*Jean385 invited you to his Party*

[Accept] [-

I hit accept without looking at the other buttons. He wasn't in the city, but knowing him, he'll swing by soon after coming online.

The noise of people bartering and selling weapons overcame me, and I walked down a quieter street. A pub came into view, and I decided to swing by while I waited for my other Party member.

I was greeted by the deep blue floor, and a couple people hanging out at the few tables. I walked cautiously up to the bar, glancing at the people sitting nearby. They were wearing cool armors and clothes, and talking about something strange.

I checked their levels, and my jaw almost dropped. LEVEL 100! level 92! level...

I turned back to the bartender, afraid of them catching my stares. The last thing I want is it to be confronted by higher levels than me.

The NPC bartender didn't offer me any drinks, which I wouldn't have been able to drink anyways. I'm a minor. Sigh.

The bartender did, however, offer me a deal. I read the options, chat, quest... guild?

I tapped guild. "So you want to start your own guild, eh? There's a lot of work involved."

I groaned.

"Just bring me....."

She started listing off things, and I backed away, canceling the action. WHoa! What was that?! I didn't know what half of those things were, never mind HAVING them!

I left the subject of guilds in the pub, speed walking past the higher levels and out of the building without drawing any attention.

Jean was in the square, selling off weapons with the other modern levels. I avoided the crowd, walking around the road branching to the Plains. After awhile he noticed me walking, and came over. "Kago!" He yelled, running over. "Hi." I said, putting my hands up in case he didn't stop running.

He skidded to a halt in front of me, breathless. "I just sold a ton of gear!" He said excitedly. "That's great." I smiled. How do you sell gear? What is it....?

I left the questions unvoiced, walking off into another day of mooching off Jean's uncanny strength. I didn't want him to think I was too stupid to be worth helping.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Jean sat next to me, his hp nearly depleted. "Man, I wish you could heal." He sighed, disliking having to sit for a minute.

"Heal? How could I do that?" I inquired, interested. Maybe I could do that. Anything to help him.

"You have to be a mage class." Jean said, his hp almost half way full. ".... Yeah." I said, not wanting to ask anymore questions. Now I know to look for classes.

Jean laughed at me, "Your expression is hilarious." He said, further explaining to save me from asking. "See, you talk to that NPC guy from Bailune and he lets you choose a class. I'm a warrior, so I can't heal. But a mage could, they're healers. There's a whole list of classes, but at your level, you could only choose the between the starting two."

"..."

"... You never chose one, did you-"

"I'LL BE BACK LATER."

I scrambled to my feet, taking off back toward Rokoko. Jean called after me, but he ended up laughing again and falling over himself.

. . . . . . . . . .

I stood in front of the big guy, intimidated by his size. Why does an NPC need to be this big....?

I walked up to him, and the chat box popped up.

I scrolled down, finding a new option I hadn't noticed before. Class...

I clicked it, and two buttons popped up along with some dialogue.

[App. Warrior] [App. Mage]

I stared at them for a moment, several things running through my head. Warrior, warrior. That sounds... Very strong. Very appealing. Mage, though.... Mage sounded like a weak thing only little kids would choose, and made me think of wizard robes and pointy witch hats.

Did I really want to fly on a broom, compared to swinging a sword?

No...

I noticed a word in the dialogue, and read it through. Apparently, I had a trial period to test each class, then I could transfer to the next rank in that class.

That gave me a little confidence, and I looked at the mage button. What would I really be willing to do for this guy?

Apparently, a little.

I hit the mage button, intending to try out the warrior option later. I had to, it was so cool!

I started the treck back to the plains, exploring the options and moving my attacks around. Since I only had two, magic blast and sword swing, it was a pretty quick task.