Sucks to be You

EXCERPT:

       "Are you sure it's open?" Alex asked.

I nodded as Alex helped me hop over the fence. I jumped down and landed on my feet, than opened the fence for Alex.

"Yeah, it's always open." I told him.

We ran silently around the back where Brody's bedroom was.

Brody's bedroom window was, of course, cracked. I quietly slid it open all the way and crawled through the window with Alex following behind.

Brody was lying in his bed, fast asleep. He had one leg off of his bed and the other leg on it as his sheets were half way to the ground.

"Is it recording?" I asked quietly to Alex.

Alex nodded with an evil grin on his face as he moved the video camera closer to Brody's face.

"Give it!" I exclaimed quietly as I grabbed the camera from Alex. "Go."

Alex cleared his throat than started yelling.

"GET UP, NOW!" He yelled loudly.

Brody rolled off of his bed and onto the floor in a little ball. The look on Brody's face made me want to burst out in laughter, but I had to stay in character.

"What are you-

"SHUT-UP!" Alex yelled at him as he grabbed the duct tape from my handbag and taped Brody's mouth shut. Alex grasped Brody's arm and helped him up from the ground.

"Dude!" I exclaimed laughing as I moved the camera closer to Brody's Scooby-Doo boxers.

I looked at Brody who squinted his eyes at me.

"Let's go." Alex said as we climed out of the window and walked towards the white van.

"Get the rope." Alex ordered as he held Brody against the van.

I took out the long rope and handed it to Alex.

I watched as Alex wrapped it around Brody's wrist, I was surprised that Brody wasn't struggling.

"Not too tight." I told Alex.

I opened the back of the van door and Alex pushed Brody into it.

Alex helped me into the van and I sat on the opposite side of Brody.

I turned on the flashlight and shone it on Brody's face who squinted from the bright light.

I handed the camera to Alex and made my way next to Brody who turned his head to face me.

"Remember me?" I asked him with a bright smile on my face.

He nodded his head slowly, his face started to sweat purfusely like a waterfall.

"Stop sweating." I ordered him, Alex started to snicker as he got everything on camera.

I peeled the duct tape from off of his mouth as he yelled in pain.

Alex threw my make-up bag at me and I dug through it, taking out red lipstick and started applying it to Brody's lips.

"Are you getting this?" I asked Alex with a smile on my face.

"Yeah." He responded as I put on a curly blonde wig ontop of Brody's head.

"Do you want see yourself, Brody?" I asked him sweetly as I clasped my hands together. "I'm sure you'll hate it."

I reached for my compact mirror and put it to Brody's face.

Brody looked down, not bothering to look at himself.

Brody's face was blank. He didn't look angry or sad, just humiliated. I wanted him to feel this way, I wanted him to feel the way I felt when he broke up with me, but deep down inside I felt something.

My face fell and I started to actually feel guilty.

"Stop the camera, Alex." I said quietly as Brody's eyes looked up to me.

"Why?" Alex asked. "This dude humiliated you now it's-

"Just stop the camera." I said angrily as I reached behind Brody to unwrap the rope from his wrist.

"Are you serious?" Alex asked angrily. "This guy broke your heart and you're just gonna let him go because you feel guilty?"

I ignored Alex as I wiped Brody's lips with the sleeve of my sweater.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to him.