Chapter 2

Okay, so my secret admirer wasn't Johnny Depp, but instead it was Ethan Pierson, the most hottest guy at Holloway.

I've been crushing on Ethan since middle school but I knew that he would never give me the time of day, so when I saw him wave me towards the booth at Pete's Pizza Diner, I almost passed out in shock.

I sat in the booth opposite of Ethan who was wearing a nice red plaid shirt, jeans, and sneakers. His curly messy dark hair hung loose over his eyes as always and his bright hazel-brown eyes sparkled every time he would look up at me.

I was so close to wearing jeans and a t-shirt, but I just settled on with a cute red skin-tight dress, black Mary-Jane heels and a pearl necklace. My chocolate brown hair was curled and fell over my shoulders. Eventhough Johnny Depp will never see how hot I looked, Ethan had the chance to.

"You look great." Ethan said with a smile.

"You too." I responded.

I looked around the diner which was full of kids from school including Alex and Gia who were sitting at a nearby booth drinking a root beer float with two straws.

"So," Ethan started as he got my full attention. "did you like the rose petals on your car?"

I nodded. "It was beautiful." I said. "Thank-you."

Ethan nodded. "I'm glad you liked it." He said. "I've had the biggest crush on you since middle school."

My eyes shot open as I pointed a finger at myself. "Wow!" I exclaimed. "I've had the biggest crush on you too."

Ethan's eyes widened as I said this. "Really?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed. "I mean, I wanted to talk to you so badly but I just thought that maybe I wasn't your type and that you would never give me the time of day."

Ethan laughed at this. "I kind of thought the same about you too." He said, still laughing.

Ethan and I talked a lot more about his family, his college scholarship, and the modeling contract he once had.

"I really had a great time tonight." I said sweetly as we walked side by side up to my house.

"I did too." He replied with his hands shoved in his pockets, a typical guy move.

"Maybe we can do something tomorrow?" I suggested. "Movies?"

Ethan looked up at me and nodded. "Uh...yeah, sure." He replied.

"Great!" I exclaimed excitedly as I stood by the front door of my house.

I looked around the scenery which was dark and cold and the bushes waved, making a scratching noice against the wall of the house.

"I'll call you." Ethan said after a long moment of silence.

"Sure, that'd be great." I said as I twirled my finger around my hair in a flirtatious manner.

Ethan layed his eyes on me and took a step closer.

He layed his hand on my waist and pulled me closer for a goodnight kiss.

My eyes were still closed when we were done.

"I'll see you tomorro." I heard Ethan say as he left the porch.

"Yeah." I whispered as I opened my eyes. "Tomorrow."

I walked inside the dark house and leaned against the door with my heels in hand.

My mother and Marissa were watching a horror movie in the living room.

"How was it?" Marissa asked as I leaned against the wall and smiled.

"It must have been good." My mother said once she saw the smile on my face.

"It was so romantic." I said quietly, the smile never leaving my face. "We're going out again tomorrow."

I turned around and walked upstairs to my room.

I layed in my bed and screeched in my pillow, than I grabbed my cell phone and dialed Alex's number.

"Speak." He answered.

"I think I am in love." I said with a sigh.

"Kill me now." Alex said quietly with a heavy sigh.

"Alex," I started. "you are my friend so you better start acting like it. I know you despise hearing about my love life but I just need to tell someone!"

"Alright," He said. "talk to me."

"Okay," I started as I told him the whole story from the secret admirer to the goodnight kiss.

"Just be careful." He said right after I had finished speaking.

"Of what?" I asked with a laugh.

"I don't want to see you get hurt again." He replied. "Ethan's a player, you know?"

"Yeah," I said slowly. "but he's been crushing on me since middle school. Maybe the reason why he played all of those other girl's was because he really, truly had feelings for me and he had to date all of those girl's to get his mind off of the one girl he truly loves."

There was a silence than loud laughter coming from Alex.

"What is so funny?" I asked him angrily. "See, you just hate seeing me happy."

"No." He said sternly. "That's not it. It's just that, you're in this semi-concious fantasy world where you think every guy you date is your Prince Charming but the truth is, Markie, that all of the guys you've dated turned out to be real losers."

"I don't know." I said quietly. "Ethan seems...different."

"That's what you said about Bobby, and Marcus, and Drew." He said as he listed off all of the guys that broke my heart in the past.

"I know!" I said with a laugh. "But this time, it feels real."

"I hope you're right." Alex stated.

"I think I am." I said as I hung up the phone.

I layed in my bed, hugging my pillow as I thought about Ethan and our date and our kiss.

Alex was right about the other guys I've dated who turned out to be losers, but Ethan seemed different. He was sweet, romantic, and funny.

He could be my true Prince Charming.