Chapter 1

"We had some good times together but I just feel like we don't have anything in common anymore."

I nodded with my arms folded across my chest as Drew Brockman said this.

"I'm breaking up with you." He blurted out as he held out his hands and shrugged. "Sorry."

I watched as he walked down the hall to Tinsley Baker and wrapped his arms around her waist. I rolled my eyes and opened up my locker.

I started ripping out every single picture of Drew and I.

The picture of us at Coney Island, the picture of us at the state fair, even the picture of us with his family, and threw it in the waste basket next to the girl's bathroom.

I leaned my back hard on the locker beside Alex's locker and slid down onto the white tile floor.

"Sup?" Alex asked as he sat beside me, holding a laptop in his hands.

I turned my head to face him. "Drew broke up with me." I responded.

Alex's eyebrows raised up as he shook his head knowingly.

"Than he wrapped his fake tanned arms around Tinsley Baker right in front of me!" I exclaimed angrily.

"Bummer." Alex responded as he opened up his laptop and started typing loudly on the keyboard.

Alex and I weren't the best of friend's but we were close. He was like a brother to me except when it came to relationship problems he didn't want to hear it so he acted like he was listening to my problems eventhough he wasn't.

"Is there something wrong with me, Alex?" I asked him. "I mean, is there a reason why guys keep breaking up with me?"

"Markie." He said sternly as he gave me a look. "It's high school."

"I know!" I exclaimed. "I just want to meet my Prince Charming already."

Alex scoffed and closed his laptop. "Good luck with that." He said with a small laugh.

"I mean, if you weren't my fri-

"No!" Alex said loudly as he waved his hand in the air. "No way. Me and you will never-

"I know." I said with a laugh. "You're like an older brother to me."

"Yeah." He stated. "That would be extremely weird."

There was a long silence until I broke it.

"I just made this conversation very awkward-

"Yeah, you did." Alex said as he cut me off.

Alex was a mix between a bad boy and the boy next door. His hair was dark and slicked back with a curl in the front as if he was a Greaser. His complexion was tan and his eyes were chocolate brown. He also had freckles but they were barely noticeable. His style was edgy with his white fitted t-shirt that showed off his built body, his dark jeans, converse, and silver studded belt. Although his style was edgy, his personality wasn't. Alex was very sweet and romantic, or so I've heard.

"Why don't you have any relationship problems?" I asked him as I thought about him and his girlfriend Gia.

He looked over at me and smiled. "Because Gia and I have something special." He said quietly as he stared into my eyes. "I treat her the way she deserves to be treated. We've been together for almost three years and at this moment in time I'm pretty sure we'll be together for the rest of our lives. Hopefully."

I smiled at this. "Aw!" I exclaimed sweetly as I bumped my elbow to Alex's arm. I looked past Alex and saw Gia.

"Speaking of Gia." I said sweetly as Alex's eyes shot open widely. I waved at Gia who waved back as Alex stood up quickly to face her than pulled her towards him.