Chapter Four: Mice or Men

Daddy's Girl 

Chapter Four 

Mice or Men

Two minutes before my alarm sounded, I rolled out of bed and turned it off. Slowly, carefully, quietly, I prepared for school. I dressed, washed my face and grabbed my bag, darting out the door just in time to catch the bus. A moment later, Lily, who appeared disheveled and still half-asleep, plopped down next to me. "Sleep through your alarm?" I murmured, and she nodded. 

About fifteen minutes later, we arrived at the middle school. I shook Lily awake, and she ducked out of the bus to start another 7th grade school day. The bus swung around the curved road and stopped again, and I rose and dragged myself towards the door of Hammond High. [A/N: Anyone who reads my first story, Invisible, will know that the main character of THAT story, Elle, also goes to Hammond High. Who's Elle? Well, she pops up for a moment or two in this story, but you can read her story by going to my home page.] 

I managed to pull myself into the classroom, just in time for the Popular kids, Sam Farthing, Derrik Angelo, and Macy Hartwood to buzz in, chatting and generally acting, well...Popular. I tried to pay attention, I really did, but the class was American History for goodness sakes, and I was so tired that my eyelids just slowly started to... 

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING! 

The sound of the bell jerked me out of my dreamless sleep. In a bit of a daze, I sat up, rubbed the sleep from my eyes, grabbed my bag, and darted to my next class. 

I spent the next four classes darting in and out of sleep, which, of course, probably didn't earn me any favors with the teachers, but whose idea was it to start high school so early? Not a high schooler, that's for sure. 

Finally, it was time for lunch. I dragged myself through the lunch line, purchased a suspicious school lunch, and plopped myself down in a seat. After poking at the lump of meat that was our main course, I decided against eating it. I drank my carton of chocolate milk, and munched on the slightly bruised apple that was offered as a usually unpopular option. After I returned from dumping my tray in the trash can, I reconnected my cheek with the lunch table, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it's short, I know, I know. But I wanted to post SOMETHING before you guys meet Marissa. Who's Marissa? Well, YOU'LL MEET HER IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. Duh! 

No seriously though, chapter 5 should turn out to be at minimum 3 pages (hehehe) so I think I'm forgiven, right? 

Though I don't know when chapter 5 will be up, until then, read my other stories and share the love, ok? Thanks. 

As always, love to all the little angels, thanks for everything :) 

Read, Comment, Vote, Love 

<3 Angel