I dont beleive in promises

Merlins pov

I wake up
What is that?! I roll back over
" Merlin your young man is back"

At that I bolt up and try to get myself looking presentable. I'm about to put shoes on when gwaine and Arthur
Walk in. Arthur is carrying Gwaines
Full weight on him.
Arthur looks pretty bad too.
Gwaine goes to lie down in my bed and I walk up to Arthur.
" I told you I'd be back. I promised."
Arthur said.
" I know." I leaned in and kissed him. I could feel him smile into the kiss.

Arthur and I walked down to his room and I helped him get ready for knight duties. While he was gone, I Made him a fancy welcome home lunch and I gathered flowers. Arthur was late coming up to his chambers, so I went down to look for him. He had just finished training, when a knight that hadn't made it into the Camelot knight came up to me.
" you're Arthur's servant right? Can you see that he gets these?"
He hands me to bracelets.
"Sure" I say.

Later after lunch I gave him the bracelets. He put them on, and said thanks and that he'll see me in a few hours. He kissed me and then left.

I went down to Gaius' room and found Arthur lying on a stretcher passed out.
He looked at me and said " you said you'd never hurt me. You swore"

" I know I did! I didn't do this! What happened are you ok? Who did this?"
Words tumble out of my mouth " I know I promised I'd never hurt you"

Arthur's eyes fluttered open. " I don't believe in promises anymore."