2

chapter 2

Hansol thought that she was the most beautiful human being he had ever seen.  The way her tattered overalls complimented her pale skin and bright green eyes.  He couldn't believe that the mystery girl that he had wondered about for months finally looked at him.

He knew absolutely nothing about her except for the fact that she would walk her same route every day to the local art center.  Hansol had always adored art, even when he was younger.

Hansol paced back and forth outside of the art center, anxious at the thought of gradually pushing open the door and walking inside; he just couldn't bring himself to do it.  As he began to turn around, he heard the fragile sound of a girl's voice.

"Hello, are you here for an art lesson?"

He knew in those few words that it was her.  He scratched the back of his neck and choked out his words.  "I-I.."
"Now, don't be shy!" she said. "I welcome newcomers every day!"  Her welcoming smile was as bright as the summer sun.

Hansol felt the shaking of his legs, rapidly becoming weaker at his knees.  He began to question anything and everything that he had decided to do that day: taking a morning stroll to get coffee, working out at the gym, and most importantly, having the guts to approach the girl that he'd been admiring for months now.  He never wanted to be portrayed as an ominous character, just an admirer.  And he had luckily achieved that goal, as Ella hadn't noticed him until now.

"Excuse me?" she asked sweetly, like the taste of a peach. 

"Oh-I-I'm sorry.  I don't really approach that many people, or talk to anyone for that matter.  I prefer my current loner status."

She laughed and made the sky ten times brighter than it already was.  "Oh, that's what they all say.  I'm sure you just need someone to talk to, and you'll be as elated as a kid in a candy store!"

He went over her words in his head again.  "I'm sure you just need someone to talk to.."

"Yeah, you," Hansol mumbled to himself, anticipating that the girl wouldn't hear him."

"Pardon?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Alright then." She opened the door for him, and they quickly made their way to a smaller sized room in the art center.

"Hello everyone, I'd like you to meet a newcomer, so be friendly to him."  Ella motioned to Hansol, and he was lost for words.  It was as if someone had reached down his throat to stuff the words back down, preventing him from saying anything.

"Well," the girl said. "Please introduce yourself."

Hansol continuously stood as still as a rock. 

"Um, how about you guys introduce yourselves, and then this man will finally tell us his name." The rest of the class laughed joyously.

"I'll start.  My name is Ella.  And who will go-"

"My name is Hansol."  Everyone in the small, artistic room was surprised; even Hansol surprised himself that he decided to speak.  But it was Ella who allowed him to convey words.

-

this chapter should be called "smol cinnamon roll, too pure for this world, learns how to say his name"

- emily