4

chapter 4

"Okay everyone, that's it for today!" Ella began instructing all of the students to clean up, but one wasn't fidgeting whatsoever. 

"Hansol, it's the end of the class for today."  He looked up, almost with a dismal look on his face, not yearning to leave his artwork.  He sighed, beginning to clean up his painting that was far from complete.

"Your painting is coming along nicely," Ella said, referring to the uncompleted treble clef, accompanied by a light blue pastel canvas.

"Thanks." Hansol ran a hand through his hair, getting up from his seat. "Will there be time to finish it?" His face was composed of a puppy-dog eyes expression.

Ella laughed.  "Of course.  We can discuss the schedule at the café down the street.  It's walking distance from my house.  But first, we need to finish cleaning up."

At these words, Hansol began frantically picking up his art supplies and putting them in the designated containers.

-

"So, how long have you been volunteering?" Hansol asked, intrigued by everything about the girl sitting across from him.  In his eyes, she looked like a delicate flower, nonchalantly sipping the cup of tea.

"Since I was around sixteen.  I promised myself I would do something for my mother, since she valued art so eminently." Ella's delicacy was shown even more through her somber expression, her eyes slowly losing some of the green color in them.  "She passed away when I was twelve."

Hansol's face suddenly became sympathetic, feeling extremely shocked at this news. 

There was silence for a minute before anyone spoke.  "I'm really sorry that that happened," Hansol said, actually worried about Ella's emotional state.

"No, it's okay," she reassured him. "She's in a better place now, and as much as I miss her, I know that she's looking down on me."

"I originally did all this for her: the volunteering, the painting every single day, all of it.  But now it's for me, and I'm glad about that.  Her drive is the reason that I am so astonished by art in all ways and forms."

"That's wonderful," Hansol replied, relieved to know that she was more emotionally stable than he had assumed. 

"Well, it's getting late," Ella said, squirming through her backpack for a piece of paper.  "I've written down the schedule for you when I teach.  All times and dates through December should be there.  I also wrote down my contact information, so feel free to message me if you would like to."

Hansol felt unsteady as Ella's hand lightly grazed his as she handed him the paper.  His heart pounded faster than he had ever imagined, each beat feeling more intense.

"Thanks, Ella."  He smiled, hoping that she hadn't noticed his shaky voice.

"It's no problem."  She gave him a friendly smile.  "I'll see you next week then?"  She started to get up as Hansol grabbed her hand, turning her back around.

"Could we possibly meet here again tomorrow?  I mean, if that's okay with you.  I know you're busy and all, but I just thought-" Ella cut him off.

"Relax, Hansol," she said, letting out a small chuckle.  "Of course, that sounds like fun.  Also, I realized you haven't told me anything about you.  So tomorrow is your turn to share."

It was after Ella had finished talking when Hansol realized that he was still holding her soft hand, firmly holding his grip.  He quickly pulled away, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans.  "I'll see you tomorrow, Ella."

"See you tomorrow."

this is short AGAIN sorry i just can't write long chapters??? idk i just love hansol vernon chwe. hope u enjoy pls vote and comment :-)

-emily