Chapter 2 : An Adonis As An Exchange Student

" Love . I have never felt its warmth , for the cold of being alone has frozen my heart . "

- Camille Ross

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Camille's POV

My forearm throbbed in pain from the tight grip father had on my arm . Mother stopped by the kitchen door and lighted a cigarette . She watched father hurt me repeatedly while smoking that cancer stick in between her mouth .

" Mother ! Help ! " I pleaded with tears streaming down my face . My little 7 year old voice wailed in pain .

" Shut your mouth you filthy brat ! " mother hissed . She came over to me and slapped me in the face hard and my head whipped to the side because of the impact  . She took the cigarette out of her mouth and pressed the sizzling end of the stick onto my arm .

I screamed and thrashed around in pain . Mother and father left me on the floor and I gripped my painful arm . There was a circular burn on my arm with a very angry looking red mark . The raw skin showed the soft tissue and little amount of blood was trickling down my arm .

I sobbed and closed my eyes from the horror of what my parents have done to me . I thought they just stopped for today . I thought that would only happen today and never happen again . What I didn't expect was for it to continue for the next 10 years . The finally , the day before I was brought to custody , dad produced a gun out of his pocket .

" Just remember , that I know where you always are . And I will find you . " he said and pulled the trigger .

I jolted up , fully awake and the aware on my bed . Sweat and perspiration trickled down the skin of my body , making the bed slightly damp . I let out a shaky breath and tried to forget the nightmare out of my head . But that was no nightmare , but actually a set of memories .

   Actually , my whole life is a freaking nightmare .....i grumbled to myself .

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stood up on wobbly legs . I made my way to the bathroom and stood in front of the full length body mirror .

I took off my slightly damp shirt and stared at the scar that was permanently etched on my abdomen . It was in the size of a bullet .

The bullet father shot at me . I said to myself and I pushed the memories back in my head and prevented it from resurfacing . I sighed and stripped off the remainder of my clothes and stepped inside the shower . I used my favorite vanilla scented shampoo and body wash again and rinsed it all off after . I stepped out of the shower and did my whole morning ritual again and headed upstairs out of the basement .

I got into my car and checked the digital clock near the stereo . It was 6:03 in the morning . I let out another sigh and drove off to school .

I parked again in the same spot of the parking lot . And yet again , everyone's curious eyes were on me . And then , I walked into school and headed to my locker , alone ,  with everyone staring at me . After reaching my locker and doing my supposed business , everyone in the hallway suddenly became quiet . Everyone's gaze was settled on a person by the entrance . I followed their gaze to see the hottest man I have ever seen . He was handsome and well built and he had a smirk plastered on his face . But no , I did not feel butterflies . I did not feel nervous . I did not feel surprised . I felt nothing .