Chapter 2, The Bus-Stop and Ride

Roxy walked to the bus-stop, which was about a block away from her house. She was so excited and nervous she felt like she was going to explode.

   She was the last one there. Six other high school students were there, and they all were elbowing each other to look at Roxy. ''Pssstt! Look at that girl! She's so fat! No! She's too skinny. Ewwwww!'' They all whispered. Roxy heard a few of these things so she kept her distance from them. ''Hurry up!'' She kept thinking to herself she smelt trouble and she knew the bus needed to be here, now, or else. After 5 minutes of them sneering and giving her dirty looks, the bus finally arrived. She tried to get on, but one of the teens pushed her away and got on before her.

  She didn't want that to happen again, so she waited and went last. When she finally got on, all the seats were packed. There was nowhere to sit, except in the back, where everyone was trying to avoid a boy who they were scared of. He had malevolent black hair and grey eyes. He looked very shady. She thought she could give him a try. ''U-um, excuse me, may I sit next to you, please?'' She asked politely. Everybody silently gasped and stared at her. ''He's a creep, he might rape her or kill her in her sleep! aaaah! they all said in a giggly whisper that the two in the back couldn't hear.

  Roxy's face flushed, because it had been about two minutes that the bus had been moving and he still hadn't answered. ''I see.'' She was about to just walk to the very back and stand, but somebody grabbed her arm and pulled her into their seat. It was him. She stared at him for a minute, but immediately looked the other way because he was looking at her. The rest of the ride was very awkward. Because everyone was still looking at them and making jokes. She could feel him looking at her the whole time. ''he kind of scares me...'' She thought to herself.