The Crash

The story starts on a mild spring day. Everything seemed normal. I never would suspect that this day would would change my life.

I was walking down the road when I got call from my mum.

"Hi Malcolm." She said as I pressed answer. "How was your day?"

"It was okay, I guess. It was boring as usual, but it is school after all, so I do have to live with it until I graduate next year." I tried to keep a calm expression as I mentioned graduating. I was very excited. I couldn't wait to get out of this city, and leave my family. Sure I loved them, but living with the same people for 16 years has been boring.

"I'm glad to here that," I could tell already she wasn't really listening to much. "By the way, Malcolm, I'm going to get home late, work has been very busy today. So you may have to make your own dinner or ask your dad to pick something up."

"Okay sure," We both knew I was going to pick the second option. No way as I going to cook. I barely know how to make noodles.

"Thanks Malcolm, your the best son ever. But I have to go. I'll see you when I get home. Love you."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, love you too. Bye." I hung up right as I walked up to the crosswalk. I pressed the crossing button and waited for to tell me to walk. When it did I started walking. Being as careless as I am I didn't look both ways before I crossed. If I did I would have seen the speeding car racing forward. But I didn't. Instead I got hit with the car, full force.

After I got hit the car screeched to a halt. I fell to the ground and the world started to blur and darken. A man jumped out of the car and crouched beside me. I couldn't make out his features or what he was saying. The world was already going black. I vaguely remember hearing the man tell someone to call 9-1-1, before everything went black.

(A/N~ Chapter one complete. This chapter was mainly to get the story started and to introduce Malcolm. Sorry if it was a bit boring. The story will get better as it goes on. Hopefully. See you next week.)