Jeff the Bully

A retched smell reached my nose, accompanied with the loud sound of many people talking and yelling. When I opened my eyes I saw that I was laying on a filthy table at a fast food place.

I looked around to find Emmerson. I couldn't the young boy I had grown to know. I got off the table and started to walk around trying to find him.

"Well if it isn't Emmy the Nerd." A man said loudly. I recognized both the voice and the insult. The bully from the school.

"How may I help you, sir?" I looked at the sound of the voice and traced it back to a young man behind the register. When I got a closer look, I recognized him as Emmerson. Except he got older. He looked at least 19.

"Well, Emmy," I couldn't keep track of what he said, he was talking too fast.

"Um, Okay. Jeff that will be $14.68. Will that be cash or credit." Emmerson wrote the order onto a paper handed to the chefs. Then Jeff, as I learned his name, put down exact change. As time went on nothing really happened except, Emmerson working.

Someone handed him a bag of food. "Jeff, your food is ready." Emmerson called out. Jeff snatched the food out of his hands, and started going through the bag.

"Where is my salad!" he yelled.

"What? You didn't order a salad." With that Jeff the bully ended up yelling at Emmerson, and swearing at him. Everyone started staring at them. Eventually, the what I'm guessing is the manager came out and talked to both of them. But he talked super quietly so I couldn't hear him yell.

Then right as I started moving closer to hear, Emmerson was pulled away into the kitchen. I heard a chuckle from Jefferson. For moment I forgot that I couldn't hurt him, that this was all in my head. I didn't care. I started to charge at him.

"Oh no you don't!" I heard Marilyn yell.

Then everything went black.