32

After wiping her tears away, Emma left the empty classroom with Harry right beside her, and he wouldn't leave no matter what she said.

"Harry - if he sees - Draco already thinks I've got something for you," Emma complained, grimacing and holding back a gag. "Do you realise how gross that is?"

"I don't care," Harry said sharply, following Emma to the library. "I'd rather him think I'm your boyfriend than know I'm your brother."

"Harry - that's weird. Please don't say that ever again."

"I won't argue with that," Harry said, shuddering. They reached the library and he said, "so he's here is he?"

"Yeah, he meets me in the back away from Madam Pince so we can make potions and stuff," Emma said awkwardly, shuffling her books into a much neater and comfortable position. She awaited Harry's outburst or horrific reaction, but he just looked bothered and confused.

"Why not just go to the lake and do it there? More open and you can easily dispose of the mess," he said, furrowing his brows. Emma flushed furiously at Harry's choice of words and snickered loudly. "OK, that wording was off. And how exactly does Malfoy even get a cauldron in here past Madam Pince?"

He was craning his neck, clearly in hopes of catching a glimpse of Draco but he was well hidden in the back behind the bookshelves no one bothered to look at.

"I don't know, but he does," said Emma, shockingly enough she hadn't even thought of how Draco managed to sneak his cauldron into the library.

"Well - I'm gonna go now, but if he tries or says anything, tell me."

And then Harry set off out of the library and darted down the stairs. Emma walked through, earning a stiff smile from Madam Pince, who, for some reason, liked Emma very much, and watched her disappear into the back of the library. Pretty soon Madam Pince was going to wonder why Emma and Draco were disappearing to the back so very often and she'd come over and catch them, so Harry's plan did seem like quite a good one.

Draco beamed instantly at the sight of Emma, and dropped his stretched out legs from one of the chairs and shut one of the books he'd snatched from the bookshelf beside him.

"About time," he said brightly.

But this time Draco didn't have his cauldron. He had a sheet of paper with a bunch of questions on them. Emma spent the next twenty or so minutes answering his questions on Potions, but they soon turned into questions such as her favourite colour or what she preferred in a guy.

"Really, Draco?" she said in a blank tone, throwing him an annoyed look. "We'll play twenty questions some other time, but for now, quiz me properly."

He huffed and turned the sheet around, and asked her proper questions such as how to make a particular brewing, or he listed a bunch of ingredients and instructions and told her what potion it'd make.

"This is stupid," she said truthfully, "these questions - we have a potion-making book for a reason."

Draco frowned and scrunched the paper up. "Sorry for trying to help then."

"We should go to the lake and brew the potion there," said Emma, standing up and grabbing her books and putting them back onto the right shelves. "Harr - I think it would be a more better spot to make potions and stuff."