Chapter 2

"Malfoy. What are you doing here?" I asked with a sneer.

"For the same reason you are, Granger." Malfoy replied with a smirk.

"Now, I know that you two aren't exactly friends, but you two will spend a lot of time together as Head Girl and Boy. You will need to help lost first years and tell others the room passwords when they change. You also will need to keep a common room clean." McGonagall said.

"Which common room, Professor?" I asked, slightly confused. There are four, not one.

"The Head Boy and Girl room, of course!" McGonagall said with a smile.

"We get our own common room? How come we never knew about it?" I asked McGonagall.

"It's hidden, of course! Do you expect the House Leader's common room to be in plain sight?" McGonagall asked with a smile.

"Of course not, Professor! Who would be so daft as to think that?" Malfoy asked with a smirk in my direction.

"This is no time for insults, Mafoy. You two will have to be at least acquaintances by the end of this year. Maybe even friends." McGonagall said. With her statement, she added a sharp look in Malfoy's direction.

"Alright Professor. We, or at least I, will try our hardest." I said with a sigh.

"Granger, Malfoy, it's almost time to get off. Please go instruct the students that they need to put their robes on soon. And please, try not to bicker." McGonagall said.

"OK, Professor. We'll go now." I said with a smile.

As we walked out of McGonagall's train car, Malfoy and I divided ways. Thankfully, I was in the section where the younger students sat. I'm probably better with kids than Malfoy.

I slid open a compartment door with two first years and a second year.

"Hey, guys, we are almost at Hogwarts! I need you to get your robes on, OK?" I see with a warm smile. The littlest first year beamed at me.

"Thanks, guys! I'll see you at the landing station." I closed the compartment door. From behind the door,I heard the first years mumbling, but with excitement in their voices. See, I told you I was good with kids! I said to myself.

As I started to open the next compartment door, someone came up behind me. It was Malfoy. As I turned around to face him, I suddenly saw the complexity in his blue-grey eyes.

"Last compartment, Granger", Malfoy said with a smirk.

"How did you do all the other ones so fast?" I asked in amazement.

Draco snapped his fingers, and with a smile, said,"skill". I laughed.

"See, I'm not so bad, am I, Granger?" Draco asked with a smooth smile.

"Eh, I still think you're not worth the job", I said. And with that, I turned toward the last train car.