Chapter 6: Lyrics

Bella's PoV
~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey Max." I awkwardly said ripping away from Michael's firm and warm hug.

"So explain sis." My brother said firmly edging on aggressively.

"Umm...should we go inside?" I said trying not to make eye contact with anyone. We walked inside and sat on the table I earlier sat at. I sat down on a chair and Michael was about to sit next to me however my brother looked at him and Michael decided it wasn't the best idea so he sat next to Trevor.

"Start talking Bel." My brother said he was obviously pissed off.

"Why are you so pissed?" I snapped, he knew I wasn't in the best state of mind after the night.

"Maybe because I fuckin' get chocked by one of these guys then I see you hugging one huh? Is that not a good enough reason for you?" Max barked at me.

"Hey, leave her alone!" Michael shouted standing up while I saw Trevor slightly flinch at the loud register of Michael's voice.

"Michael please sit down." I said calmly.

"I'm sorry." Michael said quietly siting back down.

"Thankyou. Max this is Michael and this is Trevor. They were introduced to me by Franklin when we all hung out. They are good guys-" I explained to my brother.

"Yeah I noticed." Max scoffed.

"Max." I stubbornly said. "As I was saying, they're good guys. You know last night? Well after you hung up I called Michael and guess what he helped me." I explained.

"Rude." Trevor stated.

"Let me finish. Later Trevor helped as well." I continued.

"Thank you." Trevor said.

"Ok, I get it but why did you two attack me?" Max asked.

"Well he got jealous, he didn't know you were her brother." Trevor explained knowing that this will lead to a explanation of mine and Michael's relationship.

"Jealous?" Max asked. Neither I or Michael knew what to say we looked at each other and I could see that both of us were struggling to speak. I didn't want my brother to know, Michael didn't want Trevor to know. After a moment of awkward silence I stood up and ran out the door back into the parking lot.

"B, Bel?" Michael said as he stood up and followed. I was leaning on Michael's car and looking at the sky, my head was going wild. Michael came up to me slowly and gave me a loving and understanding hug however I ripped out of it almost immediately.

"I'm sorry I can't, just can't." I said leaning on the car once again.

"It's ok, but we should talk about this."

"This? This is fucking insane...I mean I absolutely love you Michael and if it were just me and you on this earth I'd be happier than I have ever been before. But it's not just us, there's my overprotective brother, our psychotic friend and of course something I feel I'm stopping you seeing, your family."

"My family? What my ex wife?"

"No your kids, Michael, when was the last time you saw them?"

"A couple hours back."

"Oh...well that's good, I'm happy I'm not ruining your family like I thought I was. But we still have those two assholes in there to worry about."

"Look Bel, I love you, I came here to see of your ok, protect you from your demons and I struggled spending one night apart-"

"Me too."

"And if that's not love I don't know what is. So if you're ok with them to know we're dating let's tell 'em and just not care because this is real." Michael sounded so brave and strong but I knew on the inside that he was as fucked up as I was. Instead of giving him an answer I hugged him and kissed his lips for the first time that day. After a kiss filled with lust we slowly unattached and walked back in, Michael held the door for me like a gentleman and then followed me.