Chapter 4: Let's Hang

Michael's PoV
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Jim, it's pop I'd like to see you, bud." I said when jimmy answered the phone.

"But you only want to hang out when you want something. But I can live with that. You know where I am."

"Alright, Jim. I'll be there soon." I hung up and drove to meet Jimmy.

"Father always a pleasure." Jimmy said as he came in the car and I started to drive away. After a moment of awkward silence Jimmy began to speak again. "So how's businesses? The legitimate one, I mean, not the bank robbing and killing people."

"Ha ha very funny- I told you- I've given up all the bad stuff."

"Entirely?"

"More or less entirely. As entirely as I can."

"I'm not even going to pretend to understand that- how are the movies?"

"Going good, I think."

"You making any money?"

"Why?" I said getting annoyed again.

"Retirement can be expensive- I don't want to have to support you and mom... And I know you want me to get on my own two feet sooner rather than later."

"What exactly does that mean?"

"It's cheaper than law school!"

"What is?"

"Day trading! I've got a knack for it- you float me and I'm off."

"Get an education."

"Buzz kill." A moment of silence passed before before I spoke again.

"So how's your sister Jim?"

"I'm still kinda worried about her."

"How so?" I asked parking the car in front of some tennis courts.

"I mean what's she doing with her life?"

"What are you doing with your life?"

"I don't wanna be famous. Unless it's, like, famous in a cool way."

"Trace'll grow outta that. And hey, when I'm a big movie producer, maybe I'll make her famous."

"I think you should talk to her."

"She'll go to college, she'll forget about the fame crap, and she'll be fine. Trust me."

"I was just answering your question."

"Thanks Jim." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, and when you're a big movie producer, can you make famous." Jimmy said as we stepped out the car.

"No. Jim. You're... You've...you've got other talents." I said as we went to play tennis. "And how's your mom?"

"Moms good. She sorta misses you."

"Really?"

"Well mostly the money and mansion."

"That sounds like your mom."

"Yeah and she's sleeping with everyone."

"Ok Jim I don't need to hear that lets play." I said, we played one set and then got back in the car. I drove Jimmy back to The Rockford plaza.

"Good to spend time with you again, dad."

"Right back at you buddy."

"But along with a job. I'm also about to think about figuring out how to get a girlfriend. So when I do. I won't have so much free time."

"Good for you." I simply said starting to think about Bella.

"Yes. And of course, girlfriends aren't cheap...Well...I mean, the one I want will be sort of cheap, but not cheap enough, so I may need to borrow some money."

"We'll see. Hey, try getting a date first." I said.

"Like you could get a date." Jimmy said opening the car door.

"Bye Jim."

"Bye pop." I drove off and started to drive towards sandy shores.

~~~~~~~~~~
Bella's PoV
~~~~~~~~~~

I came back to the trailer about a hour and a half later, Trevor was drinking beer and watching imperial rage.

"Where'd ya go?" Trevor asked when I came back in.

"For a walk."

"Ok, want a beer?"

"Nope." I answered trying not to drink any alcohol. I sat down next to Trevor and we just sat there watching TV. After a while my phone vibrated in my pocket I looked at it and I had a text from Max.

'Hey'

'Heyyy' I replied.

'U ok?'

'Yah u?'

'I'm good wanna hang after I finish work?'

'I'll call u and we an talk' I wrote before standing up.

"Where you going?" Trevor asked.

"To make a phone call."

"Cool." Trevor said as I went out on to the area in front of the trailer. I called Max.

"Hey Max." I said when he picked up.

"Hey, so why did you need to call."

"I'm in Sandy Shores."

"Hideout?"

"Yep, dad told me to."

"Yeah I know."

"I can come there if you want."

"Ok, where'd you want to meet?"

"Umm...I know a diner round there I'll send you the location and time I'm off work."

"Ok see ya." I went back in the trailer and carried on watching TV. I've been in sandy shores less than a day and I was already bored out of my mind. I was meant to meet Max around four. I decided to leave around quarter to.

"T can I borrow your truck, I'm going to meet someone."

"You've already made friends with the inbred dickwards."

"No actually this is someone I've known all my life."

"Who's the guy?"

"His name is Max and that's all you get to know 'cause I need to go."

"Ok my keys are on there."

"I'll be back in a few hours."

"Ok, but if Mikey finds out he'll be jealous." He said before I left and I rolled my eyes in response. I wrote the address in Trevor's GPS and I was off.

A/N: I'M so bad at updating sorry