Chapter 1

The night was not as calm as yesterdays, monstrous thunder clouds rumbled in the night sky. Heavy rain dropped down from the clouds above accompanied by the howling wind. There was an occasional flickering of light coming from outside followed by a low rumbling noise. This was not a problem for most people as they slept safely in their warm beds. Except for one, the little girl sat in her bed pulling the covers up to her chin, the thunder outside had her trembling in fear. Her blond locks of hair shimmered in the dark, her light blue eyes moved from looking at the window, to looking at her bedroom door. She didn't want to leave the safety of her bed, her eyes and mind would always play nasty tricks on her in the dark. Different scenarios would form in her mind, each one more extreme then the previous. Leaving her bed might result in a monster coming out from beneath her bed and dragging her away. Another flash of lightning caused the little girl to yelp, she pulled the covers over her head. Not knowing what to do, she could feel her eyes beginning to tear up.

"Mommy -hic- Mama" the little girl sniffled under the covers.

"Mommy...Mama -hic- I'm scared" the little sniffles had now turned into loud cries. A small creaking sound could be heard as her bedroom door was slowly pushed open.

"Elichi?" whispered the figure behind the door, the little girl on recognizing the voice pulled the cover of her head.

"M-Mommy!" Eli cried tears streaming down her face. The figure pushed the door fully open and switched on the lights. She waited until her eyes adjusted to the rooms brightness, once adjusted she looked at the single bed containing her now crying daughter. The figure quickly rushed to the 4 year old's side, and pulled her into a comforting hug. Eli continued to cry as Nozomi rubbed small circles on her back. Nozomi knew something was wrong when she awoke that night, it wasn't her cards telling her this, it was in fact her motherly intuition, and they were right. Once Eli had calmed down, Nozomi pulled away from the hug and looked at her daughter. Her eye's where red and her cheeks was stained with tears.

"Awhhh my poor little girl, were you scared" Nozomi cooed stroking Eli's hair who responded with a nod.

"Would you like to come sleep with me and Mama?" the little girl nodded her head, Nozomi picked Eli up and carried her out of the room, switching the lights off and closing the door before she left. She made her way down the hallway and into her room.

"Why don't you go to Mama" Nozomi said placing Eli on the floor.

Eli ran towards the king sized bed and climbed up it hastily, a sleeping figure could be made out in the dark. Eli crawled towards her Mama, with the shifting of the bed it had caused her Mama to wake up.

"Hum? Eli is that you?" her Mama sleepily said sitting up and rubbing her eyes, Eli responded by sitting in her Mama's lap and burying her face into her chest. The older girl looked worried and confused, she looked at her lover for an explanation. Nozomi closed the bedroom door and joined them in the bed.

"She was scared of the thunderstorm outside"

"My poor little princess, don't worry Mama is here to protect you" Umi said cupping her daughters soft cheeks, pushing her bangs to the side and kissed her on the forehead. Eli giggled feeling better now, she had forgotten all about the thunderstorm still rumbling in the background.

"How about we go to the park tomorrow, there's going to be a lot of puddles waiting to be jumped in" Umi suggested.

Eli nodded her head excitedly "I want to go Mama! Can I?"

"Of course you can sweetie" Umi smiled at her daughter.

"Yay!" Eli cheered she then gave a small yawn and rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"Mama I'm sleepy"

"Right you are princess" Umi gently picked Eli of her lap and placed her between herself and Nozomi, she pulled the covers up to Eli's chin and kissed her forehead again.

"Goodnight Princess" Umi whispered to the now asleep Eli. Umi turned to a grinning Nozomi, she leaned in a kissed her passionately, they stayed like this for a few minutes before pulling away for air.

"I love you Nozomi" Umi whispered affectionately placing her forehead against Nozomi's, there lips inches away from each other.

"You're so cute Umi, I love you too" Nozomi closed the distance between them again and kissed Umi. They broke away and smiled sheepishly at each other, Nozomi gave out a small yawn.

"You tired Nozomi?" Umi asked smiling at her lover.

"Yes my motherly intuition woke me up" Nozomi said giggling a bit.

"Then lets get some sleep" Umi suggested, she pulled the covers over both herself and Nozomi, as they laid down in their bed.

"Goodnight Umi, Elichi" Nozomi whispered.

"Goodnight Nozomi, princess" Umi whispered back.

Not long after, they both had entered the realm of sleep, leaving the thunderstorm behind them.