Battle of the Bands

Sighing, I scrolled through my tumblr dashboard for the millionth time. All the blogs I followed seemed extremily inactive today. Sighing once again, I let my iPhone drop from my hands and onto the bed as I turned my body to face the Dane who was looking through the new IKEA catalogue. We often had nothing to do but today was an exceptionally lazy day. Rain was pouring outside, there was nothing good on the TV and the wifi at the Dane's house (which he keeps saying he will fix but never does) was not working well that day.

I turned to my left so I would lay on the bed on my back and closed my eyes. I always felt extremily tired on days like this one and I would've happily fallen asleep right at that moment, but I couldn't for mainly two reasons; first of all, Mathias was listening to some Danish band really loudly; and second, it was Mat's bed. There was no way in hell I was sleeping in his room or anywhere next to him.

My trail of thoughts was interrupted by the Dane himself, who has just finished flicking through the pages of the catalogue, "Are you done fangirling over Thor yet?" he chuckled, plumping himself next to me.

Rolling my eyes, I ignored him. It wasn't really my choice to spend all my time with Mat. Berwald was always with Tino and Peter and I didn't really want to interfere with their little family, plus there was very little we could do or talk about. There was Lukas, but he wasn't a lot of fun. Most of the time we argued and when we didn't, he would try to make me call him 'big brother'. Of course sometimes we did talk about normal things like normal siblings do but those conversations were pointless and went no where. And the only person left was Mathias. It's not that I disliked him, no. I actually really liked him and he was my closest friend. It's just that sometimes he can get extremily bossy and stubborn and it's literally impossible to get along with him. Basically, sometimes he's an asshole. But unlike the others, he was active and we did a lot of things during the day. We were always out there, doing things. Mat was always dragging me to some place or introducing something new to me. And I liked that.

Breaking the silence, he spoke, "How's your brother?" he asked the question he always asked when either of us had nothing to say. At times, this question would annoy me as sometimes I don't really want to talk about Lukas. I understood why Mathias always asked about my brother though. I thought he liked Lukas. And maybe he did at that point. It wasn't really clear as they have been friends since childhood so Mat sort of had an "excuse" to act the way he acted towards Lukas.

"Well, he's being tighter than usual," I mumbled, sitting up. Seeing Mathias' interested expression, I continued. "He isn't letting me go to this thing-"

"What thing?" he interrupted, his eyes glowing with excitement and curiosity.

Seeing his interest, I continued, "There's a battle of the bands taking place tonight and I really want to go, but Lukas isn't letting me as 'it's too dangerous' and 'someone might kidnap me'."

"I can take you there," he spoke right after I finished.

I sighed and dropped backwards into the bed, "It doesn't matter now. You have to have a special pass of some sort to be abled to watch the show and, as far as I know, neither of us have one."

Mat leaned against the wall and bit his lip, which meant he was thinking. After a moment of silence, he spoke, "I know someone who can get us there."