Night's Fears

And still, where are we now?
Murdering those who were once our friends, our own sons, all for what we believe in this war of attrition? Always saying we want a better world, one where everyone could live harmoniously with each other, and here we are, stopping thousands of heartbeats because 'each other' doesn't mean 'them'.

Our beliefs are just as valid as theirs, our gods are theirs, there is nothing but words, words echoing in ether, destroying what our own planet made us in billions years. Destroying dreams, ideals and promises, watching tears while they add that pinkish colour to the crimson red covering our land.
In truth, we are all that same creature. We are all that ancient and powerful creature who believed in life just as much as we do now, that thing who has single handedly created something we can't still comprehend, that we cannot value with any currency but those same tears which cover the ground. It's that creature, the one from which we all descend.

...The one from which we've inherited that same power, that force which history fears. That echo making the entire fabric of space and time rumble, gasping in search of fresh air in all this smoke.
In the end, we are all that one creature, and we all hold that same strenght, that living flame which consumes us from the inside, that ancient power capable of being the end and the beginning after the end.

That same power that we all can hatch when we listen to something which uncovers it from its own ashes. That power awakened from itself.

In the end, we are all that same creature, who had won death and created life from the universe's fabric.
In the end, our own selves, we are all none, but each other.

I don't believe in God.
I just still got faith in Humanity.
And that's what night fears.