Mommy Issues

Diary Entry

My life has never really been that easy. See, I'm the Queen of Vampires and the daughter of the Demon King. I guess evil and pain are sort of in my blood or something. Before the mushroom war, I had my mom with me. I only had her until I was about 6. We were really close though. She would always sing to me too. I still remember the song she would sing.

"Lets go in the garden, there'll be something waiting right there where you left it. Lying upside down. When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded. The underside is lighter when you turn it around. Everything stays right where you left it. Everything stays but it still changes, ever so slightly, daily and nightly. In little ways, when everything stays."

I remember a time in particular. We were in our little house and the sun was high in the sky, and it was cloudless. I had my head in my moms lap and she was running her fingers through my hair telling me things about dad. She always had the funniest stories to tell me. I'd always giggle and then I'd want to go play. She'd never let me though; it was naptime.

*Flashback*

"Mom, can I play now?"

"Marcy, baby, no you can't. It's naptime. You need your rest."

"But my dreams are weird!"

"Baby, all dreams are weird."

"No, I mean weeiirrdd." She laughed a little and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Just because something inside your dream looks scary or different, doesn't mean it is. It could just be something familiar viewed from a different angle." 

*End of Flashback*    

She started singing that song to me after that, I joined in. I loved hearing her voice. I sometimes still hear her singing in my head. She made me that happiest I've ever been in the one thousand years I've been alive. I really miss her. The mushroom war took her from me though. Just like it took Simon. I only had 6 short years to enjoy with her. Half of that I don't even remember, I was a baby after all. If only I could see her one more time and be able to give her a proper goodbye...

"I love and miss you mom," I whispered into the cold outside air, my eyes filling with tears as I sat under an apple tree clutching my diary. I turned the page knowing what was next, the tears finally escaping from my eyes.

~-~-~-~-~-~

Hello fellow readers and writers!~ This is the first chapter of my new FanFiction! It seems a little short and I'm sorry for that! Ill be sure to try to make my chapters from here on longer! I really hope you liked it! There will be more to come!~ :D