Chapter 14

I woke up and looked around, noticing that Corey was still sleeping. I looked at the clock, 2:30pm. "That was a long nap," I said to myself.

"Hm?" Corey turned his head and squinted his eyes.

"Oh, nothing," I replied.

I stood up, "I should get going," I told Corey.

"Ok," He smiled.

"Do you need anything before I go?" I asked.

"Maybe one thing..." He smirked.

"What is it?" I giggled.

"A kiss?" He said.

I awkwardly looked around. I could feel my my face turning red, "Uh, sure."

Corey puckered his lips and so did I, then they attached. It lasted for about 5 seconds, and it was the best five seconds of my life.

I pulled away and we both laughed.

"I'll see you tomorrow, maybe," I said and walked out of his room.

******(Two days later)******

I walked into school, trying to make me way through the crowded hallway. I was already late, so I was in a rush.
Once I got to my locker, the bell rang. I quickly grabbed my stuff and started walking to class.

As I was walking, I saw two people from the corner of my eye. I looked and saw Corey and another girl with red hair. The girl was giggling and twirling her hair. I watched as they flirted with each other, my heart breaking a little bit more each second. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the girl grabbed Corey's face and kissed him. I felt my heart sank. I dropped one of my books, and suddenly Corey and the red head looked at me. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I ran away. I ran to the girls bathroom and locked myself into one of the stalls. I heard someone run in the bathroom.

"Kayla, can I talk to you?" I saw Corey's feet standing in from of the stall.

"No," I replied.

"Just hear me out," Corey said, "At the party, I got drunk, and you know that. While I was drunk I kissed Jacey, the girl you just saw in the hall. We were dating last year, but apparently while I was drunk, I told her I wish we were back together and we kissed and I just found out about it today. I'm sorry but-"

"You just kissed her a few seconds ago, and your not drunk," I said in a shaky voice.

"I know," Corey replied.

"We kissed yesterday, I went to your house and took care of you cause you were hung over and this is what I get?" I yelled.

"I'm sorry, I know it was a dick move. I shouldn't have kissed her," He told me.

"Just go away," I said.

I watched Corey's feet as they walked away. I picked up my books and left the bathroom.

******

I went straight to my room as soon as I got home. I laid on my bed thinking about what happened.

"Honey?" My mom said from outside my door, "are you ok? You didn't say hi to me when you came in."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a lot of homework to do," I replied.

"Alright," My mom said and walked away.

I shoved my face inside my pillow and cried. I couldn't believe Corey would actually do something like that to me. He told me that he didn't break girls hearts, and I fell for it.

Suddenly my phone rang. I knew who it was before even picking it up.

"What do you want?" I said into the phone.

"I'm really sorry," He told me.

"Yeah? That's cool," I replied.

"Can I come over? Please?" He asked.

"Why would I let you come over? Do you think I'm stupid?" I replied, "Wait, I am stupid. And you wanna know why I'm stupid? Remember when you got pissed at me because I thought that you always break girls heart? You told me that wasn't true, and I believed you. I fell for you and that's why I'm stupid."

"I said I'm sorry. I just need to tell you the whole story," He said.

"You did tell me the whole story in the bathroom, remember?" I said.

"That's not the whole story, there's more. Something happened right before we kissed. Can I just tell you?" He asked.

"Go ahead, you have exactly one minute," I replied.

"But I need to tell you in person." He told me.

I huffed.

"Please?" He said in the softest voice.

"Fine," I replied and hung up.

*******

Corey was at my house in only 5 minutes. He came into my room and sat down on a chair by my desk.

"Hi," Corey said.

"Hi,"

"Can I tell you now?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied

"Ok, so Jacey has been bugging me for the longest time to get back together with her, and I kept saying no. When I was drunk at the party, which was before me and you kissed, I kissed her. She told me about it at school today in the hall. She asked me, once again, if we could get back together and I told her no. So she told me that all she wanted was one more kiss from me, and if she got it, she would stop asking me to go out with her. So I kissed her to get it over with." Corey said the whole thing, barely taking a breath.

I looked at the floor. I still was a little mad at him.

"I'm really sorry, I'm not just saying that. If I wasn't sorry, I wouldn't of came all the way here to tell you," He said.

"But you told me you don't break hearts, but you broke mine," I told him.

Corey held my hand, "I know, and I'm gonna make it up to you."

"Oh, and how are you gonna do that?" I asked.

"You'll see," he said and pulled me onto my feet, "I wanna take you somewhere."

~~~~
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been pasting as much lately. :(
I put up a Lolita story, only the first chapter is up tho, but it would mean a lot if you guys checked it out! Love youuu💕