This Planet

This entire planet has been around for over 4 billion years and we're treating it like crap. The human race is slowly destroying the atmosphere, and when the o-zone layer has gone the sun's radiation will literally 'cook' up to death. When the whole atmosphere has gone, we're going to die no matter what. We cannot change it.

Since the Earth began, CO2 levels were enormous. The atmosphere was mainly made up of CO2 with little or no oxygen at all, and as the Earth cooled down, most water vapour cooled down which made oceans. Over time, the oceans began to start dissolving the carbon dioxide and plants used it for photosynthesis. If that hadn't of happened, the world would still have extremely high levels of CO2 and it would be hard for us to live.

The burning of fossil fuels is adding to the atmosphere faster than it can be taken away, which is actually very worrying. If we don't reduce our CO2 emissions, the world will be in serious danger.

Not many people know this, but animal agriculture is also playing a massive role in greenhouse gas emissions. Methane in the Earth's atmosphere is a strong greenhouse gas with a global warming potential of 29 over a 100-year period. As most of us know, cows produce this deadly gas by breaking wind. Since we usually only breed cows for meat, clothes and milk, know is the time to start considering decreasing the amount of consumption that comes from these animals.