Plucking An Iowa Flower ~ Chapter 12

When Daisy and Zack finally pulled away, they still couldn't keep their eyes off of each other. When Daisy managed to break the spell, she glanced at the others. Johnny was staring, wide-eyed and mouth open. Matt was wide-eyed, too, but had an approving smile on his face. Brian's look said, "FINALLY!"

Daisy turned scarlet and looked back at Zack, who hadn't looked away from her yet. She backed to the door of the dressing room and stammered, "I, uh... I think I'll, uh... I'm going to make sure you'll have enough drinks onstage, ok?" She slipped quickly out the door and ran down the hall.

Zack probably would have stayed staring at the door if Brian hadn't come up behind him and smacked him on the back. Zack launched back into reality, turning to face the band. Everyone had a smirk on his face, making Zack ask, "What? Why are you all looking at me that way?"

Matt flopped on the sofa. "What did I tell you! She likes you, dude! She full-on kissed you! I'm surprised we didn't see some tongue action! Or maybe full-blown rapage!"

Zack blushed and kicked Matt's foot. "Yeah, we kissed, ok? And I know it sounds lame, but... it was magical... or magnetic.. or... something! But it doesn't matter. We're leaving soon..." Zack flopped down next to Matt.

Brian grabbed a beer for him and Zack. "Ah, man! I forgot... I don't know how I could have, but apparently helping a best friend chase women takes priority in my brain..." He handed Zack his beer and sat down in an arm chair. "So... what are you going to do? Knowing you, and by what you just said, you won't be able to just forget her. None of us will, actually... So, please tell me you have a plan." Brian sat back in the chair and took a swig of his beer.

Zack rubbed his eyes. "Zacky Venegence does NOT have a plan, the one time he needs it. Fuck me!"

"Why don't you ask her to come with us?"

Everyone froze and looked at Johnny. He took a handful of popcorn and ate it, then noticed he was being stared at. He looked at them and said, "What? Is it a bad idea?"

"No, it's great!" Why the hell didn't I think of that?!" Zack leaped off of the couch.

"Because you're not thinking at all!" Brian got a kick in the leg. "When you think about it, it will help her out, too. She said she needed to move for her career but can' afford to, right? Well, we're her ticket out!"

Everyone agreed, but before they could continue, Daisy stuck her head in the door. "5 minutes, guys. Better get ready." She quickly ducked back out the door, still embarrassed.

They guys downed their drinks and walked out the door towards the stage. "Let's have the best fucking show we can!" Matt was pumped, and the others gave a yell.

Daisy was waiting for them by the stage enterance, and when she saw them, she gave them a huge smile, the sounds of the roaring crowd in the background. Matt was leading the way, and he ran up to her, giving her a huge hug, spinning her around. She laughed, and when he put her down, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him good luck. He nodded and ran onto the stage, which was pitch black.

Brian was next, a little ways behind. Daisy ran to him and leaped into his arms. He gave her a giant bear hug before putting her down and grabbing his guitar. A kiss on the cheek and some well-wishes later, he was running onstage, too.

Johnny came running up, grabbing Daisy and dipping her. A kiss and a hug later, she helped him get his bass on and told him good luck. She had 3 of her 4 boys onstage, time for the last one.

Zacky came last, fiddling with his tie. Daisy stopped him, straightening his tie for him, her hands lingering around his neck. They stared into each other's eyes before Zack kissed her passionately. When he broke it off, he looked into her eyes and said, "Before tonight is over, I have something I need to ask you."

Daisy nodded, heart in her throat. She was about to say something when a stagehand walked up with Zacky's guitar. As he put it on, she said, "We'll worry about that later. Right now, you need  to get onstage and be Zacky fucking Vengence!"

He grinned, and she gave him a quick kiss and hug before he ran onstage. About a minute later, 'Critical Acclaim' started playing, and the show was under way.