Chapter 13: Replacements

Louis: My phone later that night. I answered before it finished the first ring. "Sarah?" I said.

"Hey Lou," she said, her voice sounded sad.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No, I'm just, um, nestalgic," she answered. I ran my finger's through my hair.

"Sarah," I said, "If it's hurting you to be there just go home. I'll pay Jake back for the ticket and be here when you get back. I promise."

"No," Sarah said, "I'm going to stay here. I have to."

"No," I said, "Sarah, you don't."

"No," Sarah said, "I do. For me. And I'll be fine. I was had dinner with Emily's family. I got this old notebook full of wedding idea's we had and I just got carried away. I needed to hear you're voice."

"Wait," I said, closing my eyes and putting my head against the wall behind me, "You what."

"I had dinner with Emily's family. It's no big," Sarah said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Louis," Sarah said, "I'm fine."

"Okay," I said. Niall looked at me. It was almost time to go on stage, "Listen, please, don't hurt yourself. If you're up later call me."

"Okay," I could hear a smile in Sarah's voice. I smiled. "I love you," she said.

"I love you too. Don't make any plans without me," I said.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Sarah said. I looked over at Niall who was pointing to his watch.

"Love you," I said.

"Love you too," Sarah said. Then I hung up.

****************************************************************************************************************

Sarah: Turns out I wasn't going to be awake later. I fell asleep quickly. I dreamed. The same as the nightmare I had had before. The two of Emily and I planning a wedding when we were 10. This time it lasted longer though. Emily said a key line, "Never plan anything in your wedding without me." Then I watched as it continued. Crista ran into the room, bouncing onto the bed with us.

"Ooh," she said, "I like that one," she pointed at the page Emily was working on.

"Crista please," Emily said, "Thank you but me and Sarah are having a play date. Could you please give us some privacy?" She said it with her signature attitude. Then the picture faded into my nightmare. Emily's death all over again.

I awoke in a cold sweat. I thought for a second. Crista. She had similar tastes as Emily. Maybe I could have her, i don't know, help me. Be Emily for a while.

***************************************************************************************************************

"Hey," Crista said. I was at the music shop where she worked. She said it with such distain it almost seemed like a death threat rather than a greeting.

"Hey," I said, smiling.

"Hows the wedding plans?" she asked, putting on an almost plastic smile.

"Good. I actually wanted to talk to you about that," I said.

"Oh I really don't care," Crista said. I rolled my eyes.

"None the less, I wanted to talk to you about it," I said.

"Okay, so talk," she said.

"I wanted to know if you'd be my maid of honor," I said. Crista smirked.

"No," she said, "That was reserved for my sister. Or did you forget that too?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I get internet," Crista said, "And I hate this guy. I saw this interveiw you and Louis did. You said after my sister died he was the one who helped you forget." Okay, maybe not my best move. Yes I had said that.

"He was the one who helped me out," I said, defending myself.

"Obviously," Crista said before disapearing into a back room. I stomped my foot. I sauntered out of the store. Guess not.

******************************************************************************************************************

Louis: We were riding in the car. Jess looked at her pocket, pulling out her phone. She smiled. "Zayn," she said, "Haha." She wiggled her phone about an inch from his face. He looked at it and smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm the maid of honor," Jess said in a singsong voice. I laughed. Although I was hoping nothing bad had happened to make Sarah deside.