Chapter 14

Holly's POV:

A few weeks passed. My dad took me to the hospital. I needed to stay a week. They did some tests. I didnt got why. And they tried to change my mind. But I wouldnt. And dad wouldnt stop trying. He stayed with me the whole time. And that was good. Mike visited me everyday. He stopped trying to persuade me to do this chemo. But I knew he didnt accept it. I still didnt tell Tré that Id die. I couldnt. He said I wont lose him. He was right I wont cause he will lose me. Id like to see him more often but I slept too much.

"Are you sure you wanna go to that party?" Mike asked. He was sitting on.the counter with a coke in his hands "Yes. Why not?" "You just came home from the hospital." "And? I feel good." "Dont you think its too much?" I shook my head "I slept almost the whole week. I feel good" I smiled. I really did. He nipped on his coke. "By thwme way. What did you tell Tré. I mean you werent around this week." "I said I was at a friends from my old school" I replied. "When are you gonna tell him?" "Dunno" I looked down. "Today? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? An hour before you die? Or never and we need to tell him on your funeral." That hurt. "Why are you always so mean?" "Im not mean Im just telling how it is." My dad came in "Hey what are you doing?" he asked loking at me then at Mike. "Argue" He said jumping off the counter. "Dad Im going to the party tonight ok?" He raised his eyebrows "You sure about this?" I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Yes! I feel good. Really" He looked to Mike who was texting. "Mike?" Dad said "Yepp" He replied and looked up. "Make sure that my little girl comes homes as happy as she is now." "Of course" "Dad I dont need a babysitter." "I know he is no babysitter he is a...Mike" I giggled a bit. "Ok Ill change now." I turned to Mike "And then we can go" He didnt seem happy but he smiled and nodded.

We were on our way to the party. Holding hands. I didnt know why. We just did. Mike still looked sad. "Is something wrong? Or why are so down?" He shook his head."No. Everythings ok. Its just... Brittney is a little bit upset because I spent so much time with you. But its ok." he smiled but it was a fake one. "You dont need to this." "What?" "Spend so much time with me, watch me die" my voice was calm and I said it with a smile. He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug "But I want to" He said and kissed my head. I giggled and pushed him away. When we arrived Tré ran towards me. "HOLLY!" he yelled. He almost crashed into me and hugged me. "Missed you so much!" he said and kissed me. "It was only a week" I replied smiling. Mike was still standing next to us. I guess he was looking for Britt.

Mike's POV:

I was looking for Brittney. I couldnt find her. I stood there looking for her and listening to their conversation. "Still missed you" Tré said. "Youre cute" Holly replied and they kissed. Damn I needed to find Britt. "I have a question" Tré continued. "We, my parents and my sister, are flying to New York in the summer vacation and if you want you can come with us." About six months. I guess Holly thought the same as I did. She wouldnt make it. "Too early?" Tré asked as she didnt replied. I decided to help hr out of that situation. "Hey do you know if Britts already here?" They turned to me. Holly let out a breath of relief Tré couldnt see.

"Ehhm no. I guess shell be here soon." Tré said. "Ok" I said while I looked at Holly. She looked desperate. Clueless how to answer his question. I heard a sigh "Ill go get you a drink" Tré said looking down. Dammit. He went and Holly stepped closer to me. "Mike what should I say?" Desperation was in her voice. "What about the truth? You cant hide it any longer. You need to tell him." She leaned her head against my chest and sighed shaking her head "I cant" "You have to!" "How?" "Dunno. Go for a walk with him and...tell him that you cant go to New York with him and then the reason. Or something else you have to do this." She looked up to me again. "But I want to. What if I can..." "No Holly. You cant. As mean as it may sound you cant. If you dont wanna do a chemo than you cant." Silence. I could tell she was holding back tears. "Here. Your beers" Tré was back handing me and Holly a beer. She still looked down. "Ill go now." I said and left them.

As I made my way through the crowd I was still looking for Britt. I found her leaning against a wall. She was alone and looked down at the glass in her hand. As I walked to her she wiped her face. I prayed to God she wasnt crying. But she was. "Hey" I said. "Hey" she replied without looking at me. "W-When did you come I-I didnt see you" I tried to change the topic. I knew why she was crying but I didnt know what to say. She shook her head.

"You know. When I came back...I told you that its ok when you found somebody new aand...you knew that I meant Holly with somebody new but you said..." I cut her off "I said I love you and I meant it" She finally looked up. "And now youre spending more time with her than with me and Im just wondering why and doesnt he love me anymore" I took her glass turned around and gave it and my beer to somebody. I turned to face her again and took her head in my hands. Her cheeks were wet "Listen. I do love you. I really do. And...I know that you think that Im cheating on you but I swear Im not. I can understand you and Id propably act the same but we are only friends. You dont need to worry." She nodded and I kissed her forehead. "You dont believe me right?" I whispered. "Not really" she sobbed. "What can I do to change that?" "Dunno" I kissed her forehead again and hugged her tight kissing her head. "IIII love you ok? Keep that in mind ok? I love you Britt" I squeezed her till she giggled. I let her go but kept my hands on her waist "Everythings ok again?" I asked. She shook her head "But better" She said smiling a bit.

[A/N: Comment and Vote ;) ]