Chapter 1

Now I was sitting here. In my room. On my bed. Alone. Between a few carton boxes filled my clothes, books, cds, pictures. I just looked at the wall. I still could feel the pill I took. I was still stoned.

A knock on the door and somebody came in. "You still didnt unpack your cartons" it was my dad. I didnt answer. "Whatever. Dinner is ready. Do you come?" he looked at me but I still focused the wall. He took a breath turned around and let me alone.

Thats one reason I kinda liked him for. He let me alone.

The last time I saw him was when I was about 5. I woke up in the morning and he was gone. My mum just was crying for weeks. I acted like I didnt noticed it. But I did.

Now I was 16 and Im here. My mom just died and I had to move to my dad and his new wife and their child.

It sucked.

The reason why I got high almost everyday? I didnt know.

I guess it was also a reason that everyone was so kind to me. Everyone asked how I felt, if everything was ok and they told me to carry on. But how should I carry on when everybody told me everyday not to be sad.

The worst person was my dads wife. The always tried to talk to me tried to be a friend tried to be a mom. She wont every be a mom to me. Shell always be the reason for the divorce of my parents.

I hated her.

I felt my mind getting clearer and I started to cry.

Reason number three why I got high: I always cried because I missed her damn much.  

I remembered what my Grandpa always said 'You know what you got after you lost it'.

I stood up and went to my boxes. I opened it to unpack them. I took some clothes and put them into my wardrobe. Under the clothes I found some pictures.

I took one and held it in my hands. I stared at it. My mom was on with me as a baby in her arms. That was too much for me. I felt the tears filling my eyes. To prevent that I started to cry again

I threw the picture in the box closed it and kicked it away. I stood up realizing that I was thursty and went down to get a drink. They were sitting on the table having their dinner. They looked at me like I was naked.

"Oh my gosh! She came out of her room" "Stop it Ted!" my dad said.

I hated that little monster they called my brother.

I didnt say anything took a glas and filled it with water. Just then somebody rang at the door. I ignored it.

"Do you want to eat something?" Judith asked. "Mom she never eats anything. I guess shes a robot. And she doesnt talk because she wants to hide her robot voice." "Ted be quiet now!" she said.

I turned around and tried not to start to cry.

In that moment my dad came in with a young blonde and quiet tall guy behind him. "Hey" he said and smiled at me. I looked into his blue eyes and I wondered because I smiled back. I couldnt remember when I did this the last time.

"And here's your milk" My dad said and gave him a bottle of milk. He looked at me again "Eehh...my mom forgot to buy milk" he said pointing to the bottle.

"Oohh and by the way, Mike this is my daughter Holly". my dad said laying his arms around my shoulder.

I looked at his hand very irritated. Mike started to giggle and my dad removed his arms.

"Well whatever. Im Mike" he said as he stopped to giggle. I didnt say anything. "I said she's a robot" Ted said "Shut up!" Mike replied and I really tried not to giggle too.

"Eehh...why dont you pass the day with each other tomorrow?" ohh dad please I said to myself. "Ehh yes why not I could show you the area and stuff" I didnt answer. I guessed my emotionless face made them perplexed.

"Eehh just pick her up tomorrow" Dad tried to make that embarrassing break stop. "Yea ookkaayyy. So..I gonna go now. I guess Ill see you tomorrow" Mike said to me. Dad walked him to the door and came back to me.

"Hes very kind..." I gave him an uninterested look.

"Can you please say something? I dont need to be much just...anything" I gave no answer. "Then please eat something. I worry about you when you dont eat." He really did but that made me angry. Very angry

"You care about me!? So where have you been the past 10 years!?" I yelled at him crying and ran up to my room.