One

"Ms. Bennett, you'll have to come with me," said my school counselor. I was beyond terrified. I was a normal student. A bit above average and I really didn't get in trouble. What could I have done wrong. What if, I had done something right! I might be winning an award, or I was chosen to help a new student!

"Come into my office and chose a seat, any one you want," she explained. There were five laid out in the office. I chose the one to the far right. "So," she started, "are you having a good day?,"

"Yes, Ms. Carol," I stammered nervously.

"Oh my, you must be worried sick, you've never been called here before. Please don't worry dear, you haven't done anything wrong. I have to fetch four more students, would you like to come with me?" She said, trying to calm me.

"Sure, why not!" I exclaimed. I loved to help people, teachers, students, that one lady who I helped find the flower shop!

"We have to find four more fifth graders, but all of them are in other classes. I just came here to collect a few papers, tell me if you recognize any names. Raina Hamilton..." She started.

"Oh I know her!" I exclaimed. Raina Hamilton is my best friend but unfortunately we weren't put in the same class.

"Oh, okay that's good. Harry Strayer, Denver Michaels, Amy Tanner. Recognize any of those?" she asked hopefully.

"Um, no not really," I replied. That was a lie. I hated Harry Strayer, he was the near bane of my existence.

"Okay then should we pick up the others?"

"Yeah okay." She rounded up the others and put us in her office.

"I'm going to go get a few papers but I can trust you guys to sit together and not get into trouble for five minutes... Right?" she asked hopefully.

"Yeah okay," was the basic response for all of us. It was awkward. We sat together in silence for a minute.

"Okay, the silence is killing me, my name is Denver and I'm in Ms. Wallace's class. I have no idea why we are here. I don't know half of you so let's all introduce ourselves and get to know each other," he announced.

"Um, yeah okay my name is Amy and I'm in Ms. Shepard's class. I dunno why we are here either," she said.

"I'm Raina and I'm also in Ms. Wallace's class. I also don't know why we are here and frankly, this is quite boring," she said worriedly.

"I agree with Raina this is kind of boring. Also I'm Annika," I said tiredly.

"I'm Harry," he said simply.

"So, any ideas why we are here?" He started.

"Okay I am back. You may be wondering why I called you here. You five have been selected to go to one of the most prestigious schools in this state. It is a boarding school and you will be going starting next year," she announced.

"Have our parents agreed to this?" Denver questioned.

"Yes, they have all said yes. You will be starting school in September. You will have one roommate, but please don't worry. It'll be fun!" She exclaimed.

Ok that was my first time writing something, if you have any suggestions write them in the comments...