Five

I turned in my homework, a sound of a cash register dinging as I submitted it. Strange, I heard it every time I turned in an assignment. There was another knock. I approached the door slowly, who could it be at the hour? Actually I knew, it was 6:30, Raina and Sophie were probably waiting for us to begin our intrepid adventure across the school. I opened the door. "Hi guys!" I said.

My assumption was wrong and it was not 6:30, it was 6:03. My cheeks flushed and standing before me was the dean. "Excuse me miss but we are doing room checks, no need to be alarmed this is mandatory for all students," she said authoritatively. I walked out of her way and sat back down next to Elisabeth.

"Why is she here?" she whispered.

"Mandatory room checks."

"Oh..."

"All clear ladies, have a nice day," the dean smiled, walking out of our room. Me and Elisabeth worked steadily on our homework and exactly twenty-seven minutes later, there was another knock on our door. I went to answer it and didn't say anything.

"Hi peeps!" Raina said cheerfully, "It's time for our daily exploration."

"Daily?" Sophie asked.

"Maybe," I replied. We walked together until we came to a fork in the road er, hallway.

"Which way should we go?" Elisabeth asked. Sophie started spinning around and around for almost a minute.

"There!" she exclaimed, pointing at a wall, "well, not there but there." She was pointing to the hallway closest to the point on the wall.

"Ok then," Raina said. We walked together, a single unit. A kind of diamond, with Sophie at the front. We came to a few rooms, and had to decide which one to go into. All of them were lit. I walked around and found a door I liked, they all looked kind of the same though. We entered the room and a person came up to us.

"Doing a bit of exploring? Next time it would be better if you knocked, and if a door has a "working teacher" sign on it or the lights are off, you should not go in," he said.

"Oh we're sorry," I said, speaking for the group.

"It's ok, I'm Mr. Reynolds by the way. I'm an English teacher and I run the school newspaper, I could use a few journalists! All of your work would be proofread by me, of course," he said invitingly.

We came in and surveyed the room. It looked like an average English classroom. "Excuse me Mr. Reynolds, where is all of the equipment?" Elisabeth asked politely.

"Haha, I forgot to tell you. This is an online newspaper, you can access it from your tablets. Let me tell you more about the newspaper. It only releases once a month, and we have meetings every Monday. We write it on those laptops over there, and I'll help you with the uploading business. Unfortunately I'm a bit busy with first day of school things so, come back next week," said Mr. Reynolds.

We said we'd come back and walked out of the room. We started walking again and to the cafeteria. Italian week was in full swing, from Italian flag colored streamers on the walls to tablecloths with a tiny flag on it.

We walked in and took some food and walked to our usual table. "Who is he?" Elisabeth asks.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said defensively. Wow, she caught on fast.

"You know who I'm talking about, I saw you talking to some guy when you came out from History."

"Fine, his name is Ross Peters and I've liked him since last year."

"I knew it!" Raina exclaimed.

"Wha?" I asked, confused.

"Haha, remember that Gifted and Talented program we went to last year, he was there too, and I remember you kept trying to talk to him on the way there."

"Hehe, yeah I remember."

"How did it start?" Elisabeth asked excitedly.

"Ok so we were sitting on the bus and you know Harry right? So we were kind of sitting across from each other like a zigzag with me in the center, and Harry was being a jerk. Ross told him to shut up and leave me alone and Harry stopped. It was small, but he stood up for me in front of his best friend, and I've liked him ever since," I said, completing my monologue.

"Wow," Elisabeth said. I went to go to the restroom and when I was walking back, they were whispering to each other.

Phew, a long one, I guess that makes up for not posting for a while. As always post a comment for any grammatical or spelling errors, or any inconsistencies that you might find!