Chapter 8

Claire's POV

"I love you Patrice" I said, making Patrice look back at me. He froze.

"Claire?" He asked, his eyes becoming glossy.

I slowly nodded my head.

"I have no words for this" Patrice said, running back to his car.

"Wait Patrice I can explain!" I tried yelling back but he was already driving off.

My phone started buzzing.

"Claire it's all over the news" Marilyn said, "they know"

I slowly breathed in and out, "Patrice, he uh- he came here while Brad was digging. He saw me and just walked away. He's pissed Marilyn. He's pissed at me" I said into the phone.

"Come home please" Marilyn said.

"I'll be right there, I'm just going to stop by TD Garden" I said.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked.

"I have to let Claude and the boys know in person" I said.

Brad finished digging and got out the ring, putting it in his pocket.

"I'll give this to Patrice later... He'll probably need it" Brad said.

"After what just happened I'm pretty sure Patrice never wants to see me again" I said tearing up.

• • •

I walked through the doors of TD Garden, instantly earning back the old memories.

I haven't been here since I first lost my conscious. It felt good to be back.

I knocked on Claude's door, and heard him yell to come in.

"Claire?" He asked surprisingly, immediately getting up and hugging me.

"I thought you were dead, what happened. Oh my god" he said, tearing up.

I slowly explained the story and he understood.

"Does Patrice know?" Claude asked.

"Yes, but he's mad. I feel really bad" I said sobbing.

"Talk to him" Claude suggested, "oh and by the way, I'm shocked that you're back. In a good way. I'll be needing a new trainer?" He asked.

"I'll think about it, is Patrice here?" I asked.

"He should be in the locker room with the boys, just make sure you don't give anyone a heart attack" Claude said.

I stepped out of his office, facing the front door of the locker room.

"This is it" I mumbled before I walked in.

This is it.

I walked in, immediately getting shocked looks from players.

"Claire?" I heard a whisper, I saw Patrice looking at me.

"Hey um guys, I'll talk to you later, I really need to speak with Patrice." I said.