Chapter 11

I slightly blushed at Patrice comment and we began walking down the street. The wind was blowing lightly. As I walked down more and more, it began to become more familiar.

I love Boston, but Buffalo seems more like home to me.

Patrice held my hand tightly. I felt safe. But it still felt weird to me.

"Hey do you want to go see the falls?" I asked.

"The falls?" Patrice repeated confusingly.

"Niagara Falls silly" I giggled.

"Oh my god yes!" Patrice said eagerly.

We walked more down the street and I saw the sign pointing to where they are.

We come to the edge and held onto the railing, seeing water sweeping down.

It was quite windy, but it was gorgeous all lit up.

"It's beautiful but I have to admit it looks much better from the Canadian side" I said laughing.

Patrice laughed for a moment. "Thank you for taking me around, it's quite pretty here" Patrice said making me smile.

I nodded my head as the silence began.

"Patrice, why are you treating me this way" I bursted out in confusion a couple seconds later.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean that yesterday we were yelling at each other and today we're like it never happened" I said.

Patrice looked down at the ground.

"I wanted to support you even though I was mad at you. But I realized that there's no point in being mad at you. You were obviously doing it for the safety of you and me, and I'm just happy to be alive. Claire I've missed you so damn much. And I just wanted to see that beautiful smile of yours at least once more. I wanted to hear your soothing voice. I wanted to spend time with you. Claire I want us to start over. Can we please be friends" Patrice asked, his eyes were becoming glossy and I felt bad.

"Pat, you do have a reason to be mad at me. I almost killed you. And now that a figured out, what would actually happen if you killed yourself but I'm still here. I've put you in so much stress this past year and I feel so horrible. You do have every right to be mad at me, and so does anyone else. I'm just sorry for what happened and want to start over too." I said.

Patrice placed his hand on my cheek, "I love you Claire" he said.

"I love you too Patrice"

Patrice reached in for a kiss and I hesitated and backed out.

Patrice then looked confused.

"I- erm- I'm so-sorry" I said quickly running off back to our hotel, panicking.

I swiped the card into my room and flopped onto the bed.

"What the hell was that?" I asked myself.

Seconds later Patrice came in too.

"Claire I understand if you're not ready to start a relationship. I get it" Patrice said, sitting next to me holding me.

"It's not that... I have to tell you something"

Patrice started freaking out.

"Oh god, please don't tell me that you're pregnant with someone else's child. Please Claire" Patrice said, placing his hands on his head and waking back and forth.

"Patrice no it's not that." I said.

"Then what?" Patrice asked confusingly.

"I'm scared. I'm scared of falling in love with you. I don't want Erin finding me and splitting us apart once again. That's my biggest fear" I panted.

Patrice calmed down a little and a sat next to me on the bed.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll protect you" Patrice said.

"Patrice I trust you but you can't protect me. You won't be there for me 24/7" I said to him.

Patrice looked at his hands.

"Claire I will be there for you. Maybe not 24/7 but whenever I can. And if I'm not there I'll get you a freakin' security guard if you want" Patrice suggested.

"It's fine. I love you Patrice." I said kissing his cheek.

"I want more then this. I want to actually be there for you 24/7. I want you to be mine" Patrice said with a small smile growing on your face.

"What do you mean Patrice?" I asked confusingly.

Patrice reached in his back pocket and pulled out a small box.

"Claire I've been waiting too long to do this, and I'm not going to wait anymore." Patrice opened the box which revealed a Beautiful diamond ring.

"Claire, will you marry me?"

I stood there in awe. Tears streaming down my face.

"Yes. Yes Patrice" I said hugging him.

A big smile made its way to his face and he softly kissed me.

"Claire Bergeron, Huh I really like that" Patrice commented, causing me to giggle.

"I can't wait for the life ahead of us." I said, Patrice nodding his head.

The End :)

Thank you guys for all of the support with the story series. I decided to end it, buttttt I'm gonna start a new Patrice fan-fic! Ayee