Introduction

*Sniff* I inhaled the air that smelled of a dirty man, beer, and tobacco, at that point I knew that it was my mom's boyfriend and sure enough he was in the living room when I listened down the stairwell, yelling at my mother for forgetting their date, and they fought all night. I went to my room and shut the door quietly, so I don't disturb them. I slowly walk over to my closet, got out a polished, wooden box, got my teddy bear out of it. I had owned for some time. My real dad gave it to me when he was still here, before he cheated on my mom and ruined the whole marriage. I stared at it's brown and black fuzzy fur while playing with it's hanging ear, remembering all of the good times my father and I had before he and my mother had divorced.

I didn't want to go with him, he got with the person that he used to anger my mom. I didn't want to deal with that. She was a horrible human being. She was so abusive to my little sister when she went over there on the weekend. She'd come home with scratch marks, small bruises, and burn spots. I knew it was her because she smoked, and Kendra told me everything. Mostly because I forced her.

I don't know what my dad saw in her. She was a liar, she was abusive, and she constantly cheated on him, and he knew it. I don't even think she has a good job. They live in a good house, sure, but they don't own very many things. The house is an illusion, covering up the suffering in that house.