Chapter 5: 'Do You Believe Him?'

It had been five days since I had last seen William. As obviously predicted, the photos of William and me outside the restaurant were flying around social media like wildfire. The moment Joanna caught a wisp of the flame she was quick to light me on fire with her bothersome rants. Honestly I hadn't thought about the entire situation and how it looked on the outside, I mean Vincent comes out and says we aren't dating and twenty four hours later, I am on a lunch date with William, Vincent who is so depressed he can't show his face in the public eye. God knows how humiliated William must've felt when Joanna called his agent to scold her and warn her that we weren't to make another public appearance until the drama had subsided.

  I haven't even heard his voice since Friday's brunch at his parents' house and I will honestly say that I miss it. Dave issued the scripts to the first three episodes of The Dawn on Monday, forcing me to put down the plays for a while.

I was sitting on set with one of my female costars, Gwen Black, running through the script of the second scene. Right now we were supposedly in the second scene of the first episode. The storyline of the TV show was a far cry from what peaked my interest but I couldn't deny that it was a brilliant story. The show was set fifty years from now and centered around a new era of robots created called Zetatrons, protectors of mankind. Government legislation of New Orleans passed in 2062 stated that a zetatron must be present within every household. They were ideal for their hundred percent accuracy and efficiency and the crime rate, household fires and accident rate decreased significantly since the law was passed but strange things began happening, at sunrise, the robots were leaving without authorization and assembling in a fixed location and humans lost control of the robots between four thirty am and six thirty am. On the season finale season one, humans had lost control of their robots for a full twenty four hours and at dawn of the next day, the robots launched an attack on the city.

   In the series, my character Haley Moore, along with Vincent's character, Chad Austin, were hired by the government to figure out what was causing the robots sudden change in behavior. On the show we started off as complete strangers but somehow Dave thought it would up the ratings if we became a romantic interest.

"Haley you can't go out there, you'll be killed!" Beth(Gwen) exclaimed, her tone convincing enough to come off as caring. I ignored her, and the god awful light from the set, reaching for the two USP 45s they had laid out on the table.

"And if I stay here, so will thirty thousand other people, if I get to the main tower I can disable their connection." I added, shoving the guns in my waistband, strapping in all the ammunition I would need. The entire setting is so far off from what you watch home from your couch. Sometimes I wish I'd put my hand in a different pie, acting has ruined all good movies and TV-series for me now that I've had the experience of an actor on set.

"What do you think Chad will say when he realizes that you're out there." She nagged and I cut my eyes.

"Well I guess we'll have to find out."

"Aaaaand cut!" Lance, our director shouted and I let out a relieved sigh, shooting Gwen a warm smile. Clearing the set would be at least an hour so I could step out for a bite to eat. I became excited at the idea of a spicy burrito from the snack bar six stages down. I let the others know I was going to get a bite to eat before I grabbed my cell phone and stepped out into the warm Cali sunshine. I felt my cell vibrate in my palm.

Well don't you look all hot and badass in that outfit. xWK

I came to an abrupt stop, doing a quick hundred and eighty degree turn. No one. I made sure that I hadn't somehow accidentally turned on the camera. Upon inspection, I noticed another message flash across the screen.