Epilogue

Erik was not at all enjoying himself. Not only was he bared from the room, but Christine was allowed into the room and he was left with Raoul as they drank away at his liquor storage. They were at the manor for a few reasons. One, Erik did not want the baby to be born in the catacombs. Two, he was remiss to let anyone down there besides who already did know how, and Raoul of course, so a doctor was out of the question. And three, the support system there was like no others. He was comforted by Raoul and Philippe, who were both glad to accompany him during this process. Philippe said he'd gone through this many times with his father worrying over his siblings through the years. He didn't mention Raoul's birth where they'd lost their mother.

"You needn't pace a hole into my floors. They're older than the opera," Philippe said. He was grinning like a bobcat.

"Are they?" Raoul seemed intrigued, as if family history wasn't one his lessons as a child.

"Mhm, yes, but I suspect the intended recipient of the information does not care." Philippe snapped at Erik.

"Sorry," he muttered, the apology insincere.

"What is happening upstairs is beyond your control. There is a doctor, a midwife, and Christine all surrounding Arielette. She is a strong woman... and lucky she gained all that weight, really-"

"I haven't heard the end of it!" Erik moaned, finally taking a seat with the other men. "She is completely self conscience, and I never realized how much of a treasure she was without her fear... axing the whole seven-year-split fiasco."

The men hummed in agreement.

"Have you discussed names?" Raoul asked, then he perked up a bit. "Christine and I have done so despite not being engaged quite yet. I plan on asking her soon actually."

"Wow," Erik was actually responsive now, "You mean that?

Philippe scoffed. "He could have done it months ago. Heaven knows I won't need mother's ring."

"I, too, would have liked to see it happen earlier, but I understand the wait. As long as you're not pining after my wife, I have no problem with you at all." Erik smirked.

Raoul snarled at him, then returned back to his more happy conversation. "She wants to name a boy Gustave, after her father. He meant a lot to us both, so I thought it a fitting title for a young Vicomte."

"The moment you have that child, he will be a Comte, mind you. I will give the title the moment you have an heir," Philippe said.

"Lovely." The younger brother did not mean his words. "Would you stop shaking?"

"Like you shall be any better when your day comes?" Erik growled, hopping back up to appease the men around him. Though, whether they preferred him shaking or pacing, they would never know.

Christine had come down the stairs in a flurry of skirts, her smile broad and one of the most relieving sights Erik had ever thought he'd seen.

"Is everything okay?" He asked first and foremost.

"Just fine. You have a very handsome little boy."

Erik wasn't entirely convinced yet, so he swallowed his pride and motioned it his mask. "Is he..."

"No!" Christine giggled, "Of course not! He is strapping, I mean truly, for a baby."

Bursting past her, he ran up to the room he knew his wife to be in, no longer able to hold back.

"Like you would know what a baby looks like, my love," Raoul said with a laugh, though it did not last long when he saw the look on his partner's face.