Chapter 2

I was running. I didn't know where I was coming from or where I was going, but I just kept running as fast as I could. Then I suddenly stopped at an end. I starred down into this dark abyss. It was so dark and deep that if the brightest light was at the bottom, you couldn't see a hint of it. Then the creature was there breathing on my neck. Its breath smelled like a dead animal carcass. Then suddenly, chomp! It stuck its teeth into my side.
Beep! Beep! Beep! My alarm was sounding its normal wake up call. I woke up from my nightmare covered in sweat. I thought to myself it was only a dream, it was only a dream. I slithered out of bed to get dressed for school, but when I was changing my shirt, I saw the biggest, nastiest scar on my stomach where the creature in my dream bit into it. I tried not to freak out so I finished getting ready for school.
When I arrived at school, I quickly walked into the cafeteria to find Amanda and Hallie. I took them into the bathroom before they could object. When we got into the bathroom, Amanda was the first to speak up, "What are you doing?" she asked. " I have to show you something." I replied. I raised up my shirt to show the hideous scar, but when I did, my friends just laughed. "What?" I practically yelled. At this, they laughed even harder. I went to look in the mirror and it was still there. I almost screamed at the sight of it. We walked out of the bathroom with me embarrassed. I lived out the rest of the day as nervous as a mouse in the presents of a cat.
I arrived at home and watched TV the rest of the day to get my dilemma off of my mind. It didn't work, of course, but when it was time to go to bed, I lied down afraid if I had another dream coming. I didn't want to fall asleep, but when I lied down I immediately did.