2: New Year's Day

I run Juliet's encouraging words through my head.

"Avelina." Andy's bitter voice calls out. I walk out of the tunnel and bow to him and the four other leaders. They all smile besides Andy. I grab a sword and immediately shadow shaped targets start flying at me. I slice them up and roll out of the way, grabbing a spear and tossing it through another target. Then grabbing knives and tossing them in the heads of them all, only missing one.

I see an evil look cross Andy's face as I pick the bow up and shoot multiple shadows.

"Should I throw a wrench in the test Legion?" He calls out. I growl as I grab the sword again. The Legion cheers and Andy jumps into the space I'm fighting in, the shadow targets disperse and Andy locks blades with me.

"Oh you're prone to revenge aren't you Mr. Prophet." I sneer.

"Wow, you noticed."

I push him off my blade and slice at him. He keeps trying to clash our blades, and finally I flip the sword out of his hand. He whips his hand up and something pushes me backwards. I stand right up and stomp the ground in anger, letting out a loud angry scream and squeezing my eyes shut.

The place goes silent and I open my eyes.

Andy is on the ground staring stunned into the sky and ruffling his hair. The rest of the leaders start clapping, and slowly the Legion starts cheering as Andy hops up and gives me a complete stare of death before walking down the stairs to the underground and slamming the doors shut behind him.

The Legion then runs out to cheer around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A girl named Bree sewed me a dress for the New Year gathering. It's black and flows in little feathers around my waist. It's short and if I ever dropped something and had to bend over to pick it up.... I was afraid I'd be showing off a little too much.

She also helped me put on war paint.

"Thank you." I hugged her.

"Of course, anything for a Legion member." She grinned.

I smile at her. "Well I'll see you soon." I wave and walk to the doors to the underground. I follow the route to the big open room. Which isn't open with the amount of people in it. I look around and see the Leader's pointing at me and motioning to come to them. I search the room and see that Andy is at a snack table. So I make my way to them.

"Hey." One hugs me. "Allow me to introduce who's who. I'm Ashley, this is Christian, Jake right here, and Jeremy is that one."

I wave at each as their name's are called.

"How did you do that? In the test today?" Christian asks.

"I honestly have no idea." I shrug.

"Who cares how she did it." Ash said. "No one's showed Andy's who's boss for awhile now." The rest of the leaders join him in laughter, but I just smile as they do.

"Talking about me?" Andy asks from behind me, the laughter stops and I turn around.

"Yes, we are." I smirk and walk past him as he snarls at me. But I can feel his eyes on me as I walk away.

I take a small plate of food and snack on it as I make my way to a chair. Someone tries to sit in it, but I use my heel covered foot to hook under his arm and flip him off of it. He apologizes and runs off.

I lean foreword and watch the Legion dancing to the music that's blasting in the apparently soundproofed room.

"Stop following me." I say as Andy's body walks into the corner of my vision.