4: Wretched and Divine

When I woke up I stood up and found something on my bedside table.

It was a star on a chain made out of a bunch of BVB's. I then found a note with it.

Tell the guys I left for a walk. I'll be back soon. Welcome to the Legion....

~Andy

I stared at it for a second, wondering why he chose me of all people to tell he was going out. I slid the necklace over my head.

I stood up and saw a dresser in the corner. I opened it and undressed, putting on a pair of grey baggy sweat pants and an off white tank top. I made my way out of the room, making the turns to find where the leaders had breakfast. The guys waved at me as I came in. I used my fingers to quickly comb my black hair before sitting down at the table.

"Andy went out for a walk." I muttered as I laid my head on the table.

"No wonder." Jake said. "Usually he's in here forever before us."

I laugh tiredly. Christian pulls my eyelids up.

"Did you die?" He asks childishly. I shake my head.

"Here you go." Ashley puts a plate of breakfast in front of me. Pancakes with bacon and eggs.

"Thanks." I say to both him and to Jeremy as he sets a glass of orange juice in front of me with utensils and a napkin.

"Of course." Jeremy smiles. Ash nods. I sit up and begin to eat my food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked in the desert, wondering what exactly I was feeling towards our new co-officer. I wanted to hate Avelina, but another part of me was pushing me in the complete opposite direction.

I saw F.E.A.R.'s headquarters miles and miles ahead of me. And As I scan my eyes over the desert I see a black dot not too far from me.

I bring my gait up to a run and bolt to it, seeing that it's a Legion member, due to her mask. I brushed the sand away from her body and then saw the hair.

I cursed....

It was Juliet....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast I'd hugged all the guys and went back to my room.

I laid staring at the ceiling when I heard a horn.

"The Prophet is back!" The lookout yelled. I bolted up and ran out to the outside. He was carrying something. As I focused my sight, I saw it was more like a someone.

I ran out, still in my sweats. The guys stood on the platform with the lookout.

I finally reached Andy.

"Andy, who--"

"I-- It's Juliet." He said in a straight voice.

Trying to hold his emotions in, I told myself.

Andy set Juliet down on the ground in the center of the Legion camp. And stayed on the ground next to her. I placed a hand on his shoulder as the rest of the Legion came from corners, bunkers and platforms to gather around us. Andy stands and I take my hand off of him.

"Leave the body at peace. Avelina, please come with me." He starts back towards the underground and I shoot a worried look at the leaders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~