Chapter four: the start

"You," said Harry, feeling his voice tremble with...was it rage? He didn't know why, the sight of this person made him want to punch something...or someone.
"Mr Potter? I believe we have met once?" He asked, his pale raised eyebrows giving him an offended expression, "I doubt such foul looks are necessary," he continued, "After all, I basically just saved your life."
"Malfoy," said Ron irritably, "Shut up and get us out of here. I'm assuming you bought your limo?" The sarcasm in Ron's voice was subtle but venomous, and Harry tried to figure out what this person could have done to deserve that.
"I did, actually. But if you would rather I-" He started, but Ron cut him off.
"Yeah okay, just get us out of here," he said, and for some reason, Malfoy didn't argue and led them to his limousine.
"How did you know we were here?" Asked Harry.
"We were driving past and I saw smoke," he said, "If I'd checked to see who was in there, maybe I wouldn't have bothered."
"Say I had amnesia," started Harry, "And you had to tell me who you were- how we know each other. What would you say?" Asked Harry, trying his best to make it seem like he were just curious, but the random change of subject brought suspicion into Malfoy's eyes.
"I'm Draco Malfoy. We barely know each other but we met twice. Once; you were drunk in a pub, and passed out...thanks to someone," Draco glared at Ron, "Second time; you came to check on my son when he was in hospital."
"Why would I come to check on your son?" Asked Harry skeptically.
"He's your godson, idiot. What did you drink last night?" Said Draco, annoyed.
"Why would you make me your son's godfather if we've only met twice?" Said Harry, trying to put the pieces together in his brain, but it was hard with half the puzzle missing.
"Foster son. I adopted him. His parents died and he grew up with him grandma, who died so he got stuck in the orphanage. You couldn't even remember you had a godson so he had nowhere to go. He's my cousin's son so became my responsibility when the orphanage couldn't contact you." There was something in the back of his voice, was it resent?

When they got to the car, a chauffeur awaited them, and next to him, a young boy, no older than ten years old. He had turquoise hair, dyed of course, and brown-yellow eyes. He wore jeans and a t-shirt, simple, but just by looking at his clothes you could tell they had been fitted for him. Harry smiled, but the boy didn't return it, not even looking at Harry.
"Where are we going?" Harry asked Draco, not taking his eyes off of the boy.
"To the mayor. You set fire to some random guy's house! This is the last time you screw up in this village," snapped Draco.
"Wait what?" Asked Ron, "You said you would drop us off at Harry's house!"
"I said nothing of the sort," Draco walked up to his car and sat in the back, waiting for Harry and Ron to join him. Ron reluctantly obeyed, and Harry followed, assuming Malfoy was a powerful person in the village.
"I'm sorry Teddy, you're going to be late for chemistry club," said Draco to the young boy. Ron snorted at 'chemistry club' and Harry tried to suppress a laugh. Draco rolled he eyes at their immature behaviour, muttering something about his child being academic.
Teddy sighed, "You said we wouldn't be late this week. We're late every single week," he whined.
"Yes well that's not my fault is it?" Draco asked him, and Teddy rolled his eyes and turned away.
"Where's your son, Potter? I thought your wife worked. He's not home alone, is he?"
"Son?" Asked Harry blankly, "What do you mean 'son'?"
Malfoy didn't bother answer, under the impression that Harry and Ron were playing another prank, but Ron burst out laughing at Harry's bewildered expression.
"James Sirius Potter," whispered Ron, "Your oldest son."
"Oldest?" Asked Harry, "There are more?"
Ron laughed, "Yeah, Albus Severus. Gods I don't even know why Ginny let you name the kids, you are the least creative person I have ever met."

As they headed for the mayor's house, Ron explained to Harry that he had two children, and that Ginny had recently found out that they were expecting a third. James Sirius was five years old, the eldest. Albus Severus was three, the middle child, and the third was to be a girl, but they hadn't yet decided on a name.

"We're here," said Malfoy, and they climbed out of the car.
"Draco!" Said the lady who ran out of the house, arms ready for a hug.

Harry's eyes widened as he saw they familiar black curls and heavily lidded eyes.
"But you're dead."