Chapter thirteen: Hope for the best

Thanks to the Devastrigon, that kept destroying innocent, countless lives and places, our training became much harder. Thanks a lot! Even the other rookies in the academy had to face the same obstacle as we were.

I checked the schedule on the paper that Chloriette gave me. Okay, today is Tuesday so we have to learn how to use a variety of weapons. Ha, I can handle this, I thought to myself. I folded the schedule and put it inside my uniform. The unbelievable part of this day was I had so many red uniforms.

"Hey," Chloriette called unexpectedly.

"Oh, hey." I looked above her shoulder. Two white-uniformed students were heading to the cafeteria. "Friends of yours?"

"Just my acquaintances. I just met them after our training yesterday."

"Wow, new friends. Have you heard about-"

"Ugh, please, I just moved on from it. Don't tell me again." I'm not the only one who hated training us in a hard way, she tried her best to get it out of her mind. Even though hard difficulty training is important, I still could 't believe we'll start NOW. She straightened her white uniform and fixed her headband. "Xabe?" It was cool when everyone calls me Xabe, it could also be considered my official alias aside from being my nickname. I turned to her. "Yeah?"

"What does your family think of you and your magic?"

"What?"

"S-sorry, it's an odd thing to ask. I'm just really curious."

"Oh," I pondered. "That is an interesting question. I haven't thought of that to myself."

We both stood in the hallway. Chloriette quietly watches me as I looked down on the floor. "All I remember was my best friend thought that I'm an alien." She gave out a chuckle. "No, seriously though. After that, he fainted."

"Seriously?" She grinned at that thought.

"Yeah. And so did my sister," I added. "I think their reaction is like the typical family reaction when I got powers. 'Hey, you got magic? Cool, then come along with the Flash warriors.'"

"I heard the villagers from Snowfall village moved to Sonata village." Chloriette's eyes widened.

"Yup, I hope they get used to the heat." I gazed at the empty hallway- imagining the crowded street and neighborhood. As I looked back at Chloriette, the way her expression told me something seemed off. But I shrugged off the awkward silence. "Aren't we suppose to go training?"

"It's still too early though," Chloriette told me. "Anyway, want to go around?"

"Oh . . . I . . . I'm not sure that's . . . ." Without hesitation, she grabbed my hand and we both dashed away.

Before we went to training, both of us went to other places. A huge library, not contained by magic and very quiet. I love the background of the gigantic, palace window. The sun is about to rise but I didn't care, I just want to check the other places. "I was seven when I first read this from our library." She showed me a book called The bird could sing. How lovely. "It's about a girl locked away in an unknown place until she was found by her true love because of her powerful voice." I didn't say that much, I just smiled. We went to the garden, where we could see pegasi and colorful birds. The flowers were vivid in color, symbolizing the beauty of colors pink, white, red, and violet. We went to every balcony, crafting area, armory, and many more that I forgot (Sorry about that if you want to know more).

 We went to every balcony, crafting area, armory, and many more that I forgot (Sorry about that if you want to know more)

"Come on," I told Chloriette. "There is still time."

"Yeah, yeah." Her smile stretched.

"Thanks to you. I know a shortcut." We only have a few minutes before we get to Claes. I knew exactly where he is. We passed a few warriors in uniform and finally saw him standing on a tree with Lenard and Victor, who stood still like soldiers. "Thanks for missing us," I said.

Claes turned his cold, calm face to me. "You're late."

"Almost."

Claes sighed. "Never mind." He brought a huge thing wrapped in cloth beside him. He gripped it tightly and flipped his fingers. And we're at the Equadaux again. This time, we were in a forest, sweet. The air was cold. The sky was bluish-white as if I came back to Snowfall village. On the left displayed a large table displayed with weapons, swords, axes, hammers, daggers, scythes, rifles, bombs. "Flash warriors don't just use magic, we also need a weapon on our side so it will harness with your magic, skills, and strength," Claes told us. "Let us begin."

A/N:

It's nice to have someone to talk to. If you notice, there was something up with Chloriette, I want you to think what could it be?