C H P T 11

Steve POV 

"STEVEEEEEE, YOUR FRIEND'S HEREEEEE." My mom shouted from the kitchen. I took a deep breathe and grabbed my bag. I closed my room door and headed out. My heart was nearly pumping out of my chest. Walking down the stairs, I heard my mom talking to James. 

"Yeah...not really.....Have fun and be safe later, okay...?" I could only hear those words as I was approaching the 2 of them. James smiled and nodded as my mom talked to him. As I was nearing them, my mom turned around to see me. 

"Oh look who finally came out. Have fun and-" 

"Be safe. Yes I know, mom. You even told James." I interrupted her. 

She laughed and stood awkwardly. "Okay, I'll stop nagging. Will you be home for dinner then?" She asked.

I looked at James, and then her. 

D..dinner? I don't really know....If I say yes, that'll mean that James would have to follow me back, and that would trouble him... but if I say no, it means that either I have to eat with James and his family, or eat outside with him...which sounds pretty exciting..but that sounds like a very bad choice

But as usual, my brain didn't cooperate with me and I shook my head. 

Oh no, not again Steve. What have you done.

"Okay then, be back before 9! Bye!" My mom said as she waved to us and went back to the kitchen. 

We waved to her as I wore my shoes.

"So...I guess someone wants to eat dinner with me..." James asked. I looked up to him, he's hands was crossed, leaning against the wall. I see a smirk form on his face. And it happens again.  My heart was racing.

I smiled awkwardly as I stood up properly after I wore my shoe.

"Well, I guess....Ca..can I? Or if it's too much trouble, I'll ask my mom to prep-" 

"It's perfectly fine, Steve. No worries." James interrupted me as he suddenly put his arm around my neck as we walked. 

What was going through my mind was if I could make out of James' house without getting a heart failure.

"Thanks, James." I managed to stutter.

"No prob. Just one thing. I'll decide where we eat. Deal?" He said. 

I simply nodded my head as we walked to his house. 

"Great. So what'cha wanna do later?" He asked. I shrugged. I had nothing to say. My mind was blank. All I could think about was the dinner with him. 

"Okay then. We'll think about that later. We've reached." James said.

I saw a house in the middle of the woods. Well, not literally, but it was the only house there, as far as I can see. There were alot of trees surrounding it. 

We walked to the door. James unlocked it as we stepped in.

"MOOOOM, MY FRIEND'S HERE." James said loudly.

Then, a lady came walking out of the kitchen, removing her apron, which I suppose is James' mom.

"Hello Ms Barnes." I said as I waved to her smiling.

"Hi! You must be Steve. Nice to meet you." She said as she smiled back. She's friendly. 

"We'll be upstairs." James informed her as we went up.

"I suppose all moms are the same. huh?" James said.

I chuckled as he opened his door.

His room was painted light grey. There were posters hung on the wall. There was one which caught my attention. It wasn't really a poster though. It was a flyer about some expo thing. The words were faded, so I guess it was pretty old. 

He had really cool stuff  that I've seen in shops, but I didn't know what it was called. He had a huge bed. A huge one. His sheets were grey, too, and there was a huge red star in the middle. I guess he really likes grey.

He had this huge computer, which I suppose he plays his games on. He also had this huge shelf filled with comic books and stuff. Wow. Everything in this room is huge, compared to mine. 

"Done inspecting, Sheriff Rogers?" He teased.

I felt my face go red. I awkwardly stood in his room, not knowing where to seat or what to do or where I was gonna put my bag. I must have been too awkward  because the next thing he did was to pull out his computer swivel chair from his desk, gesturing me to seat. 

"Thanks." 

"No prob. So I see you've gotta big bag, huh? What's in there?" He asked as he sat on his bed. 

M..my bag? Did that mean that he wanted to see what was inside or he wants me to tell him what's inside or was I hearing things and this was a dream?

"Uh..." I stuttered as I unzipped my bag.

"Come over here Steve, I won't bite." He teased once again.

I pushed my self to his bed as I still sat on his swivel chair. 

"Well, I brought my wallet, waterbottle, gum, story book and my notebook." Oh no. Why did I say my notebook? Ugh. Shouldn't have said it. Shouldn't have.

"Hmm, notebook? Can I have a look?" He said.

Oh I knew this would happen. I felt like I could die anytime from now.

"Su..sure." I said as I passed it to him. 

Just then  a folded piece of paper dropped out of it. He noticed it too and picked it up. He unfolded it and read it. And it was when it hit me. I knew what that paper was. 

It was my new year's resolution.