Chapter 3

*The above pic depicts Dhiraj, apna hero ;-) *
Koyal felt as if she was the sole sane person amongst a bunch of shrieking monkeys. Yes, shrieking monkeys, there couldn't have been a better term to describe the harrowing crowd around her. They behaved like excited children on their first ever flight. Meanwhile Edward was jumping on his seat trying to get a perfect selfie. Inappropriate behaviour. Couldn't he behave in a more mature manner even if it really were his first time onboard. She felt embarrassed sitting near him. She was eyeing him with the most disgusting look she could come up with. At the same moment he caught her eye. He winked mischievously at her. This monkey. "No, this isn't my first time on a flight." Great, now he is psychic as well. Annoyed she replied,"I didn't ask you if it was." Edward,"We are just excited about THE FEST." Certainly this moron is too into himself. What a surprise. Sheesh. "Ohkk...thats great. But I never did ask..." "Yaa you never did. My name is Dhiraj. What's yours?" "I was saying, I never did ask you any of your details and I don't want to hear them either. Stick with your friends. Don't bother me." "Woah, is that smoke rising from your nose. It seems as if you may begin spitting fire any moment." Laughs of his fellow mates followed this exchange. She didn't know why but her eyes began tearing up when all she wanted was to gauge his eyes out. Dhiraj noticed. He shushed his friends. "I meant it only in jest..." "Leave. Me. Alone." She practically growled these words out. All her life she had been taught to behave in an appropriate manner, to behave in a way the society dictates to, to be a "good girl" and here he was, openly defying all those laws. To her predicament she had always found that these very people were more welcome in the society. She felt all the more frustrated.
He didn't bother her again but they kept at their merrymaking. She slipped into a trance, bordering on to sleep, but not quite there. Her mind retraced the events that led upto this flight. Karan...