Chapter 9; School

Camm walked into her new classroom, shrugging off the fact she wasn't very fond of anyone in it. She didn't really like the teacher, either. Mrs.Calp. Her new sixth grade teacher wore a baby blue top with dark jeans the cut off three inches over her ankle, and 3 strap wide rubber sandals. Mrs.Calp also had short, fuzzy dark brown hair that covered the top of her hair, and small-framed glasses. She wasn't the skinniest person in the world, either. She had short stubby arms and fingers.

Camm opened up the cabinet doors to place her back pack on the hanger, just like she had years before with different classrooms. She looked over at the door way to see the same girls that were in her past two years of classes as Camm - Donella and Vallery. She quickly glanced away, and walked the other direction. This is not happening ... not these brats again, she thought.

***

Once everyone was finally seated after greating friends from the past couple of years, Mrs.Calp called roll. Camm turned her head to the left, ignoring the girl next to her, talking away, They've known each other for a couple years, but Camm only knew her out of everyone in the class, so she sat beside her. As Camm looked left, she saw Donella and Vallery giggling away, passing notes to each other, dragging the attention from every guy in the room.

"Donella?" Mrs.Calp called.

"Heeeerrrreeee!" She answered. Gosh, she even had an annoying voice, Camm thought to herself.

Mrs.Calp continued roll, as the two giggle-pusses continued. Camm rolled her eyes and looked back at her feet. She zoned out and didn't realize the teacher had been calling her name a couple times.

"Cammeron?!" Mrs.Calp looked right at her.

"What?" Camm stuttered, "Oh, here. Sorry." Everyone in the class stared at Camm, making it uncomfortable. Great, now I'll be known as the Stutterer, too, Camm said in her head.

***

Camm walked out the back doors of the school after grabbing her back pack when school ended at 3:15, and walked through the playground to get to the parking lot. She watched Express, the after school "day care" run around in the feild. A sudden laughing made Camm catch her attention, and she saw on the other side of the fence Vallery flirting with a couple of boys in front of her. They just came running to her when she wanted, drooling for more. How does she do that?

As Camm walked through the opening in the fence into the pick-up area to where her mum was waiting, she caught Vallery's glance towards her. She smiled at Camm, and waved. "Byeee," she said laughing. Camm waved back, and climbed into the front seat of her mum's car.

"Who was that?" She asked with an expression as if she was interested.

"No one. Well, I mean her name is Vallery. I'm not really friends with her," Camm replied.

"Oh, okay then," Mum said loosing interested, and faced forward, putting the car in gear. "On our way home then!"

***

As Camm walked in the gate, she almost forgot about her dog, Tikky, waiting for her at the gate. She tried to zone everything out. As Camm was caught by surprise, she bent down and wrapped her arms around Tikky's giant head.

"You're such a good dog," Camm smiled, patting Tikky on the head, and recived a big wide panting smile from her.