Date Night

"Tonights the night " , " Tonights the night ".

I kept singing to myself all day .

I had been walking around with a grin so wide I had to walk through doors side ways .

Yer tonight's the night .

God I was so so nervous as I drove to where I was picking her up .

" Calm down calm down ", I kept repeating to myself over and over .  

Hi I said as we met and i looked at her remembering the woman I met for the first time only a few days ago . We had dinner and talked and talked .

"I have a confession " she suddenly says to me .

Oh shit oh shit , I thought . " Go on then on " I say  

" I thought you were blonde " she said .

" That is i thought that you had blonde hair I mean ".

Interested and totally confused " why " I asked . 

Well she said sheepishly . " I only remembered looking into beautifully deep blue eyes that night and then kissing you in between looking at them " .

" Wow " .

That's all you remember of me that night " , I replied .  

"Well I sure did make a big lasting impression on you " I said . "If that's all you can remember of me that night " i told her and looked at her with a hurtful expression and toying with her at the same time , ( I'm ever so naughty with peoples feelings ) , We both laughed as she realised I was joking with her .  

"Well its my turn for a confession and i have to ask you a question as well " I said . " confession first , There false my eyes that is, they are coloured contacts lenses ". I laughed as i told her , "I have to wear them as I'm blind as a bat " I confessed . They didn't cost any more than the usual ones so I thought I'd try them out , and at least they got me a date with u so I'm very please to say so I suppose they got me the girl as the saying goes " I told her laughing .  

"OK now my question , how old is yr son ? .

The look on her face said , OK I've had a great night but now he'll not call me again , what man will want to date a woman with a child .

As she told me her son's name and age and that she'd been divorced for just over a year now , she went on to say that , " New year's eve was one of the first of only a few night's out she'd had with her sister since moving back up north " .

After she told me about her life so far a bit more in depth , she told me that , "She understood if this was our only night out and that she herself could understand not wanting to be saddled with a woman and child .

Well I thought about what she had just said and replied , "That's not going to stop me from wanting to see you again and if its part and parcel of the package then then I'm OK with that " . "Yer its gonna be different but I'd really love to see u again and when u think its right I'd love to meet yr son too " . "I'd really love that and see you again " , she replied smiling.

Was that OK , please tell me .  

Thank you again for reading this .