twenty eight

twenty eight

Luke laid in their bath tub, his upper body hanging over the porcelain edge as he held his phone in his hand, mindlessly scrolling through social media.

Matty had a towel tied around his waist as he leant over, trying to light a few candles without burning his fingertips.

The younger blonde watched his husband's skinny torso, pouting. "You're so fit and you've never touched a weight-lifting machine, or any machine in that sense."

Matt laughed as he stripped the towel from his body, stepping in the water and curling behind Luke's body. "I have absolutely no arm or leg muscle, you saw me struggle to open your Starbucks this morning." He bent his knees, letting Luke get comfortable once more in the water.

"You have all this ab, though, why?" Luke still had his bottom lip jutted out as he looked up at his lover. Matty was giving off so much warmth, Luke swore he never wanted to move.

"I have no idea, Babe. It'll be gone one day, though, and just leave me with my beer belly." Matty's hands were climbing up Luke's legs and jumping to his chest, holding him close. They were chest to chest—skin to skin—and they still both wanted to be closer.

"I was gonna email Mike and tell him the plans of tour, do you wanna help me word it?"

Matty remembers Michael as a quiet dude. He was a calm guy that let life flow the way it was supposed to. He never asked what Michael was like behind closed doors or behind those three conversations they held. Matt knew it wasn't his place.

He knew that Luke would never cheat on him, he knew Luke was a faithful kind of person. In his heart, he couldn't help the jealousy build of knowing Luke was talking to his past lover.

"Yeah," he said, his eyes closed with rest, "Let's do it." He loosened his grip on Luke so the boy was able to grab his phone from the edge of the tub. He rested his chin on Luke's bony shoulder, hoping his five-day-old shave wasn't scratching his sensitive skin too badly.

Luke pulled up his email, finding the chain with Michael. "I never know how to greet him. Should I say hi or hey?"

"You know the dude better than me." Matty's arms snaked around Luke's waist once more, bringing him closer.

Hey,

Hope you're still doing alright.

"What if he's not doing alright?" Matty asked. "Like, what if he died? God forbid."

"Matty!"

"Sorry! Just asking!"

We finally released the dates to the tour, which means I can legally talk about it now.

N and I are joining the Midwest leg, which means we'll be in good ol' Missouri in May! Mom and I are talking again, so I'll get to see her and Dad as well.

"Is your mom, like, everyone's mom now? She's not 'my mom', no, she's 'mom'," Matty commented.

"No," he giggled, "I just refer to her like that, I don't know."

"It's kind of cute."

Luke thought Matty was kind of cute. He thought Matty was extremely cute.

He thought that they, as a couple, were pretty damn cute. He looked down at their entwined bodies, only their knees sticking up from the warm bubble bath. Matty's skin was tattooed—all of his legs, most of his chest, and parts of his arms—while Luke's skin was pure.

"What else should I say?"

"How do you usually end it?"

Luke shrugged, accidentally bumping Matty off his shoulder. "We talk about our kids or spouses or something."

"You can tell him that Nolan answers 'fuck no' to everything now."

Luke shook his head and giggled once more, causing Matty to smile. "I'm not going to let anyone else know how terrible our parenting is."

"It's not bad parenting! It's fuckin' punk rock, Dude."

"Don't call me 'Dude', I'm your husband." Luke wrote a quick update about Nolan and Matty, signing off and pressing send.

"Dude, you're my dude," Matty said, pressing his lips to Luke's shoulder then up his neck.

"That's not romantic." Luke couldn't help his laughter, he was a ticklish guy.

Matty pressed his tongue to Luke's neck, knowing it'd make him scream out in laughter. "You're my dude, though."

"I don't belong to any dude." He wiggled around, trying to fight from Matty's arms and stop his giggling.

Matty pulled him back, kissing of his shoulder blades dramatically. "True, but you're my dude."

Luke gave up in a sigh, letting Matty smother him in pecks of love. "You're a nerd."

"I'm your nerd," he paused, "Dude."

That's how they ended up making love in a bathtub an hour past midnight, almost setting their complex on fire with their candles dropping to the tile floor. 

How do you think Matty feels about Luke and Michael?

Only 12 chapters left...,,,,,