SEVEN

Phew, finally got another chapter of this up. This is, I think, anyway, a bit of a turning point in the story which (hopefully) should help move things along. It wasn't that easy to write, so I'm hoping it came out okay - I'll let you guys be the judges of that. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. I can't promise when the next chapter will be or when I'll be able to update anything actually, but I'll do my best!

Hope you enjoy!!

- Emma x :)

........

It had been little over three weeks since Robbie had seen his possible fate and yet he nor Mark had were any closer to discovering its prevention. Over the course of the last few weeks, Robbie had been determined to try and find something that would change the way he felt and would trigger something in him. He tried, but nothing seemed to be right and Robbie's mood, consequently, never lifted. Maybe he was trying too hard? After all, as the old clichéd proverb went: 'good things come to those who wait'. It was hoped that he wouldn't have to wait until it was too late.

Despite his desperation, which only grew as the weeks went by, Robbie still went to the studio to continue helping the other lads with the work on the album. So far they had a total of two completed demos ad a couple of backing tracks and pieces of lyrics that seemed to be heading somewhere. Nothing about the making of this album was quick and they had known that this was going to be the case right from the start. Thankfully, the record company were on the same page as them and weren't going to issue any deadlines until they knew that the band were ready. After all, no-one had really expected that they would make this record; at least not this soon after what had happened.

Even so, they were all feeling the pressure. Their main worry wasn't meeting the deadlines that would eventually be set, or, to some extent, what the fans would think of it at the end. What they were mainly worried about was making sure they wrote and put together an album that they knew Mark would be proud of. That was their main concern.

What they didn't know, however – at least what three of them didn't know – was that during some of the sessions, Mark had actually been 'present'. He didn't 'attend' them all, despite Robbie asking him every time he went outside onto the balcony to have a smoke to be there at them all. These were the only times when the two of them could have some kind of conversation without having to worry as much about one of the others catching him.

During each of their chats, Mark expressed his feelings for the album; always telling Robbie how proud it made him to witness what his friends were doing. His only wish was that he could be more of a part of it.

"Maybe you can," Robbie suddenly said to him when the two of them were outside on the balcony, during one of Robbie's cigarette breaks.

"What do you mean?" Mark asked.

"Be part of the album,"

"But I already am, you told me that you're putting my song on the album."

"You are alright about that, right? Only you've never really told me."

"Of course I'm alright about it. I gave you that CD in the hope that you would do what you want with it." Mark told him.

"Thank you," Robbie smiled down at his ghostly friend. "That's not was I was talking about, though," Robbie said, topic looping. "I meant maybe you can be involved in the writing of the rest of the songs."

"How? I already told you, the others can't know."

"You came to me in that dream that one time? Can't you not just do that again, but with a song or something?" Robbie asked.