❤ Chapter 5 ❤

Friday night came around quickly enough, the week sped past. I had really enjoyed getting to know my new friends, there were all amazing people and I was really growing to love them. And they didn't care that I didn't want to talk, they just accepted that and didn't ask questions. I liked that.

Friday afternoon I waved goodbye to Ashton in his car and walked with more confidence towards my home. No, I'm not happy to be home, the place full of bad memories. It's just that I know both of my parents are out tonight, so I won't have them to get me down. I love them, but they are so hard on me.

I slipped through the door and wandered up to my room. I hadn't even thought about what I was going to wear, I mean yeah I wear dresses every now and again but never anything fancy. Wait, was this even supposed to be fancy? I hadn't got a clue what the whole dance was about.

I might as well ask Luke, right? It's not like I'm afraid of him.

No, I'm not afraid of him. I'm afraid of him being annoyed by me. Whenever I become friends with someone I constantly think they don't like me or I'm bugging them. I convince myself this to the point where I believe it.

Not this time. I won't let it happen again.

Not wanting to have second thoughts I whipped out my phone and typed out a quick text.

To: Lukey boy x

I never asked, is there a dress code for tonight? (: xox

It wasn't long before I got a reply.

From: Lukey boy x

Not really, some people dress up a bit. (: xx

I sighed, and rolled over onto my back to stare at the ceiling, in thought. I pulled out my phone again.

To: Lukey boy x

Any ideas? I'm clueless... x) xox

My phone buzzed signalling his reply.

From: Lukey boy x

Wear a nice dress and you'll fit right in. (: xx

I replied.

To: Lukey boy x

Thank youuu! See you later xox

His answer was almost instant.

From: Lukey boy x

No problem, see you later beautiful xx

Wait, what? He called me beautiful? Luke Hemmings thinks I'm beautiful? This can't be real. I mean, he's probably being friendly. Right?

Shaking my head free of those thoughts I headed for my small wooden wardrobe and flub it open, revealing the few clothes I owned. I keep meaning to go shopping but that was always something I did with my sister, the thought of going on my own really depressed me.

I went through every item of clothing, a pair of denim shorts, black skinny jeans, a pale pink tank top, a black skirt... Aha.

I pulled out a navy blue dress hidden at the back. It was strapless, came in at the waist for shape and fell to just above the knee. I slipped it on and glanced in the mirror. It looked alright I guessed, good enough for a dance.

I plaited my hair so that it fell on my left shoulder and put on a pair of small black heels. I searched in my drawer for some jewellery. I pulled out a charm bracelet and smiled.

Mum and Dad bought it for me for Christmas 2 years before the incident. Seeing me reminds me of all the happy memories we had as a family. I miss those times. Now Christmas is normally spent in my room, or in the case of last year I kept myself busy by working in the local restaurant. They were happy to have me since most people hate working Christmas Day but demand is high.

The doorbell rang, shocking me out of my thoughts as I suddenly realised it was passed 6pm. I ran down the stairs and opened the front door, smiling at Ashton who was on the other side. He'd said he'd pick me up and take me to Luke's house where we were all apparently going to eat before going to the dance. I'd tried to let Ashton know I could walk but he wouldn't have any of it.

I followed Ashton to the car and I say inside, where Calum and Michael were too. I have them a little wave and they said their 'hello's back.

They were all dressed really nicely, even though I could tell they felt awkward in their smart shirts. It wasn't really them.

The drive to Luke's place was really short and then we stepped out of the car and approached the house.

~Luke's Point Of View~

I'd just about finished getting ready when there was a knock at the door. Immediately I ran downstairs but to my misfortune Mum managed to get there before me. God, she's so embarrassing!

"Hello boys, and Casey! Sam and Rebecca are in the other room, please go through..." Mum beamed at them.

"Mum, you know she likes being called Becky!"

"Oh, I'm sorry I..."

"It's fine Mum." I tried to smile encouragingly, but suddenly my eyes fell on Casey.

She looked incredible, stunning. I loved the way her chestnut brown hair fell to one side in a pretty plait and her dark brown eyes sparkled in the light. The Navy blue of her dress complimented her skin tone perfectly, I couldn't see a single flaw.

Crap Luke, you're staring. Snap out of it!

Noticing I was looking at her she smiled at me, I sort of panicked inside and smiled back.

Had she seen me staring? Oh my god, she probably thinks I'm a freak...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; Hiya! I can't apologise enough for not uploading sooner, to be honest I didn't think anyone was interested in the story so since I'm so lazy I didn't bother. (:

Thank you for your votes and lovely comments! They're the reason I uploaded again honestly, so keep letting me know what you think as I really appreciate it.

Also I tried out Luke's point of view, I've never done that so let me know what you think. (;

Thank you, until next time. xx