Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up and decided to leave out for work earlier than usual. I just needed sometime before work to clear my head. Since it was weekend I decided to just go casual today. I got dressed into a black T-shirt with some writing in the front, a blue shirt and a black leather jacket. Anyway I was probably only going to go check out this guy Mr.West's office at a law firm. I was supposedly to go and see what ideas I could come up with of how to decorate his office before officially starting the decorating and fixing on Saturday.

Instead of waiting for Nathan to come and tasks me wherever, I called a taxi. To come and pick me up. I know this was somewhat childish but after what Christopher had said last night, I just wanted to avoid him and his driver. Nathan didn't do me anything but he was still working for Christopher and I wanted nothing to do with him.

I told the taxi driver to dropped me off at a coffee shop I spotted little before I reached where the law firm building was. It was thankfully one that opened early as well. I know that I still had a hour or so before I needed to go check out the guy's office, so I decided to just go and have myself a coffee and something else since I skipped breakfast this morning.

I bought myself a cheese sandwich and cup of hot chocolate instead of the coffee I had originally plan to buy. I went to sit at a table where I could see outside clearly. After I have finished
I remained seated there for a good while looking at ideas for office designs when someone approach me. I looked up only to see a the guy who was Christopher's best man at our wedding.

"Hi, Allison?" He said as if making sure he was talking to the right person.

"Yeah" I nodded. "Hi".

"We weren't formally introduced, I'm Clint also known as Chris's best man" he said outstretching his hand.

"I remembered" I chuckled as I took his hand and shook it.

"Mind if I sit?" He asked gesturing to the empty seat in front of me.

"No, sure go ahead" I replied to which I took the seat across from me.

"So how are you here this early all by yourself?" Clint asked smiling as he took a sip from his coffee.

"Probably the same reason you're here this early by yourself" I joked causing him to laugh.

"Fair enough" he chuckled.

"I'm kidding though" I chuckled. "I decided to have an early start this morning for work".

"Oh, always the work. Do you mind me asking what you do?"

"I'm an interior designer" I told him.

"Nice. That's impressive. Maybe you could be Tasha and I's interior designer when we decide to buy our house" Clint smiled.

"Maybe I could" I returned his smile. "So Tasha is your wife?"

"No no" Clint answered before adding, "At least not yet. She's my girlfriend but I'm thinking of making her my wife soon".

"Well that's great, if you know she's the one you should totally go for it" I encouraged.

"Yeah I'm just thinking of the right moment to ask her though"

"Well you should make use of that moment when it comes and don't let her slip through your fingers".

"I won't" Clint answered chuckling.

We sat silent for a while when I noticed Clint staring at my hair with an amused expression on his face. I immediately became self conscious.

"What?" I asked running my hands over my hair. "Is something in my hair?"

"No no no" he answered quickly before chuckling and continuing. "Is just that your hair... I hope you don't find me too inquisitive... But have you ever considered dying your hair completely blond?"

"Honestly no" I chuckled. "I've been blond for 17years and a brunette for four".

"So you are blond" Clint stated.

"Guilty" I replied sheepishly.

I was a natural blonde like  my Mom. My dad had brown hair. Growing up I was always told that I looked so much like my mom, so when she died in my last year of high school I dyed my hair brown because it hurt so much looking in the mirror t myself but seeing my mom's reflection. Of late I had allowed a few strands of my hair to remain blond when I dyed the rest.

"This is so interesting" Clint chuckled still amused at finding out I was blonde.

"You really seem to be amused a enjoying this" I said to him. "Why are you enjoying this?"

"I'm sorry if I'm being creepy. Its just that Chris never mentioned you were blonde".

"Why would he do that? Beside Christopher doesn't even knows I'm blonde" I said to him.

"This is gonna give him such a kick" Clint laughed.

"Okay then" I said looking at him suspiciously. What the hell amused him so much about my hair and why Christopher knowing or not matters?

I looked at my phone to see that it was almost nine. When the hell did the time fly so fast? I wanted to visit the Mr. West's office early so I could have an early start.

"I'm sorry but I really have to run now, or else I'll be extremely late. It was nice meeting and chatting to you Clint" I said as I got up.

"That's okay. And you too Allison. I'll see you around then?"

"Yeah sure, bye" I said smiling as I left Clint and walked out of the coffee shop.

Thankfully the law firm wasn't that far away. I went inside and asked the receptionist for Mr. West's office which she told me was on the second floor and that I'd see his name on the door. I went to the elevator and took it to the second floor.
I started scanning the doors for Mr. West, not long after I saw his door with Bryan West-Attorney at law. I went ahead and knock twice, immediately the door was opened and I was face to face with a young handsome guy in a dark suit.

"Hi, good morning. I'm Allison Diamond, the interior designer".

Oh hi, yes sorry come in" the guy smiled as I said that and stretching out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Bryan, Bryan West".