Chapter 8

Bryan and I had a long debate about drinks and who was buying it before I finally caved and decided to agree with him and try something a bit alcoholic. After he had asked what I wanted to drink I told him I would just get a soda or something like normal nonalcoholic juice and I'd pay for it. But Bryan decided since he was the one who suggested we hang out he'd be the one to buy anything I wanted tonight, after more than five minutes straight of us arguing and debating about it I gave up and told him I'd like a soda.

That request started another round of debate because Bryan suggested I should try something a bit more stronger, something that'd help me feel more relaxed and enjoy myself. I told him I was okay because I didn't drink and I didn't want to get drunk because I'd probably forget where I live and told the driver the wrong address.

Bryan managed to win the argument by telling me a list of reasons why I should try even one drink, reasons ranging from I need to forget about my life issues for one night, the drink will make feel relax and enjoy myself tonight and that he'd personally drive me home after we left since he wasn't going to have more than a beer.

"You look different now somehow than earlier" Bryan said

"How different?" I looked at him confused. "Good different, bad different?"

"Definitely good different. You just look more vibrant, Maybe it's because you seem to be in a better mood now than earlier".

"Yeah probably or maybe its  the fact that I tried a little makeup?" I smiled.

"Now I get it" Bryan replied as he studied my face. "Oh and you look beautiful by the way".

"Thanks. You're probably the only person who thinks that" I smiled looking down.

"Well its true. Others must be blind not to see it. I'm looking at a beautiful girl right now" Bryan told me.

"But are you saying that I am now because of the makeup?" I asked even though I was blushing from his earlier comment.

"No, I'm being generally honest. You are beautiful but it just that for some reason you don't really embrace or show it much. You seem to be trying hard to hide it and you really shouldn't hide who you are" Bryan told me seriously.

I looked at him surprised for a while before being able to reply. It was like he was able to see right through me.

"Wow you sound so much like Tori right now" I smiled slightly.

"Tori?" Bryan raised a brow questioningly.

"Tori is my cousin. She's also my best friend. I think you'd definitely like her".

"Well if she's great as you seem to be I most definitely would" Bryan chuckled.

"And she'd most definitely like you too" I replied.

"Well in that case I'd love to meet her sometime".

"You will. Whenever she comes to New York to visit" I smiled.

"And I'm looking forward to it" Bryan replied.

Bryan and I remained seated at the bar as we continued to chat and laugh. We talked about a whole variety of things, we talk about our childhood, past, high school memories, college years etc. Basically we spent our time getting to know each other.

After a few hours of talking I happened to look around the club and I spotted someone looking like Christopher at one of the tables in a somewhat secluded corner in the club, with a female all over him. The top of her dress was strapless and she had a whole lot of cleavage almost popping out.

Due to the dim club lighting and the slight distance the dress was most likely blue. She was practically in his lap to how she was all over him but it was clear that the guy was Christopher. It was even obvious that he seemed to be clearly amused and enjoying his female companion's attention.

I couldn't help feeling a bit hurt seeing this, even though I knew our marriage wasn't the real deal but I somehow thought he'd respect it somehow clearly I was wrong. I mean I wasn't his type and I couldn't expect him to throw away his life like that, this was probably why he hated  me and this whole marriage thing.

I also now realized why he came home so late at nights, this was probably what he spends all his evenings after work doing-hooking up with random girls maybe.